Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What brand of slugs have you been running in your Stoeger, and with which of the factory supplied chokes (M) or (IC) ? At what distance , and overall results group size Low, High or dead on

My buddy has a 3500. Runs pretty poorly on any 2 3/4" shells, especially light loads.

+1 on this. The 3-1/2 inch guns won't really run with anything under 1-1/4oz high-base shells. Great goose and turkey gun, not so much for 3gun

I have a 3500 and have had very few fte or ftf. I run federal bulk from Wal-Mart and have about 500 shells through it. The only thing it wouldn't run was my rio low recoil slugs. I like the extra 1/2" for the shells to slide in.

I'm loving my M3k now. I've opened up the loading port nicely except for the amateur hour scratches incurred from my overzealous use of a Dremel. Hey, nothing that a little leftover blue carbon fiber contact paper can't handle, right?

Here are the mods so far:

MOA Precision oversized bolt handle

TTI oversized safety

TTI oversized bolt release

TTI extended lifter

Nordic Components +9 mag tube extension

Nordic Components low drag follower

Nordic Components barrel clamp

Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight.

I took this to my weekly trap shoot and it was like driving an '01 Civic with ground effects package and 4 foot bolt on wing into a classic cars convention. I brought the comedy to the club that day, for sure!

carbon.jpg

sight.jpg

shottie.jpg

Very nice! I like the blue wrap, and I am all about offending traditional shooters. :) That is why I love shooting my XDm in open class. It looks like I drug it down the tacky aisle with the crap magnet turned on, but the looks on the faces of any 2011 owner that I beat make it all worthwhile!!!!

There is something special about beating the boys with the shinier toys isn't there. I think I've shopped in the same tacky aisle. Iswope I am loving that carbon fiber look, where did you get contact paper like that?

Edited by Amr

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. I'm the king of redneck gunsmithing. I picked up a roll of 3M carbon fiber contact tape off of Ebay for about $4 or so a while back. Don't remember what for but seemed like the perfect way to cover up my Dremel adventures. I was a little hesitant at first but then I remembered what JT said "It's not supposed to look pretty, it's supposed to kick ass and take names". Yeah, I think this is doing the trick.

Here's another option for those who already have a 3000 but want a 24 inch barrel. I called Benelli/Stoeger and asked if they were gonna ever have extra barrels for the 3000 available. The rep said they are available now and gave me the part number. They only had a few in stock at the time. You have to place your order through a Benelli/Stoeger dealer as Benelli doesn't sell parts direct. Anyway, ordered mine through my local dealer and got it yesterday. Just another option.

I called 301 283 6981 option 2 initially to ask about it. They can tell you about whether they are still in stock. The part number for the black 24 inch VR barrel is 33534.

Here's another option for those who already have a 3000 but want a 24 inch barrel. I called Benelli/Stoeger and asked if they were gonna ever have extra barrels for the 3000 available. The rep said they are available now and gave me the part number. They only had a few in stock at the time. You have to place your order through a Benelli/Stoeger dealer as Benelli doesn't sell parts direct. Anyway, ordered mine through my local dealer and got it yesterday. Just another option.

I called 301 283 6981 option 2 initially to ask about it. They can tell you about whether they are still in stock. The part number for the black 24 inch VR barrel is 33534.

how much was is? with/without chokes?

TTI oversized safety

TTI extended lifter

Nice job on your 3000! Which Hi-Viz did you use? Do you recall which thread pitch works?

When I take my 21" Benelli with the tube sticking past the barrel to the trap range everyone is all over it. Leave it in the rack, sit back and listen to the speculation on what the heck that is. I've shot 24 with it a couple of times (more likely to shoot 18 to 22) and that really shocks them.

When I take my 21" Benelli with the tube sticking past the barrel to the trap range everyone is all over it. Leave it in the rack, sit back and listen to the speculation on what the heck that is. I've shot 24 with it a couple of times (more likely to shoot 18 to 22) and that really shocks them.

That's awesome!

When we shot the gateway shotgun match last summer I had my 31 rd Xrail. We shot 25 trap, 25 skeet and They wouldn't let me load it up to save time.

That's awesome!

When we shot the gateway shotgun match last summer I had my 31 rd Xrail. We shot 25 trap, 25 skeet and They wouldn't let me load it up to save time.

We used to run a stage called "Combat Clays" on the 5-stand field at our local club back before 3-gun was all the rage. Always loved to see the looks from the over/under crowd. Priceless.

TTI oversized safety

TTI extended lifter

Nice job on your 3000! Which Hi-Viz did you use? Do you recall which thread pitch works?

If I remember 6-32 was what mine was, I can tell you when I get home, it was whatever is standard for Benelli.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TTI oversized safety

TTI extended lifter

I don't recall. I ordered this one off of Amazon and it came with about 4 or 5 different threads so I just messed with each one until I found a winner.

Yeah, I'm a fan of driving the rice-mobile onto the lot and getting the crazy stares.

Jesse, have you had an opportunity to play with the M3020? There are some junior shooters wanting to start 3-gun in my area and this looks like the ticket. My hands aren't big enough to hex load a 12 gauge, but with a 20 I think it will work.

Edited by bmiller

Jesse, have you had an opportunity to play with the M3020? There are some junior shooters wanting to start 3-gun in my area and this looks like the ticket. My hands aren't big enough to hex load a 12 gauge, but with a 20 I think it will work.

I haven't seen one. With that said of much rather see a junior start with a 12 gauge. Katie Francis didn't have issues with the recoil when she started. I know she originally has a 20 gauge m2 but that lasted less than 6 months.