Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha race master holster or Amadini Ultimate Ghost Holsters

bonglee0507

guys,

if you were to buy a ipsc/uspsa rig which one would you buy and which is more reliable???

1. double alpha race master (pls don't consider the interchangeable insert bec it will only be used for 1 gun)

IMG_8803_zps2e930edb.jpg

2. Amadini ultimate ghost holster

305354_240650322661443_2002331150_n_zpsd8e62f24.jpg

awaiting for your feedbacks

thanks in advance

If its for one gun only then the daa racer since the blocks arnt needed. The lock on the holster is rock solid and can be easily engaged with the hand still in the gun. It can also be swept off fast and easy on the draw for non traditional starting positions.

I've had both and hands down, I would go with the DAA Race Master. I really love the lock on the DAA and still has a great release. The Ghost is okay and I'm not knocking it but I just fell more confident in the DAA. Not only that, DAA has some of the best customer service in the industry so how can you go wrong, Pare?

Ingat ka!

I've had both and hands down, I would go with the DAA Race Master. I really love the lock on the DAA and still has a great release. The Ghost is okay and I'm not knocking it but I just fell more confident in the DAA. Not only that, DAA has some of the best customer service in the industry so how can you go wrong, Pare?

Ingat ka!

kabayan! how are you there! thanks, pare

I have tried both holsters, currently own the Ghost holster. Really can't say there are pro's or con's with either holster. They are both easily adjustable, easy to use, lock securely, and can be easily unlocked with your hand on the pistol. On the Ghost holster, the locking lever can lock in the up position or down position. Locked in the down position your hand will naturally hit the release as you grab the pistol.

Main reason I went with the Ghost is I found one used really cheap. The Race Master may have a better resale value due to the name. The Race Master costs more initially, but the replacement blocks are cheaper ($40). The Ghost is about $50 cheaper, but the replacement block cost more ($60).

D.A.A racemaster i like it verry mutch but if you realy dont need the changeble insert block the racer is also an option .

I am glad i bought the racemaster when i stil had my tanfoglio because now i have my custom STI and al i had to do is change the insert block .

Neither. I've tried all of them. The ghost, the DAA, the CR speed, the limcat... all them. In the end I went to Kydex and got a fantastic holster from ready tac.

Every bit as fast none of the nonsense.

Edited by Seth

My first USPSA holster was a Ghost. I tried a DAA Racemaster for a while last year and it broke during a low port walk through. Saul was kind enough to send me the parts to fix it, but it never locked up the way it originally did. So I'm back with the Ghost and love the durability and adjustability.

No insets for other guns? The DAA Racer holster is just as good and less expensive than either. Seems like concensus was for DAA Racemaster, but you went with Ghost anyway. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

Tried both at the gun store and the ghost felt better for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DAA. RaceMaster and mag pouches. I have been running them for about 16mo. I shoot 2 to 3 times a week 12mo. a year. Even tru the colder months. Not one issue, period. Thanks.

Edited by a matt

My first USPSA holster was a Ghost. I tried a DAA Racemaster for a while last year and it broke during a low port walk through. Saul was kind enough to send me the parts to fix it, but it never locked up the way it originally did. So I'm back with the Ghost and love the durability and adjustability.

Send me your DA. HAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a ghost with a trade a few months ago, I have never had a daa..

But after playing around with the ghost, I think the safariland 013 is much better..

I will admit that the safariland lock placement is not as convenient as the ghost or daa

But the muzzle guard keeps the gun from rocking which is the main selling point for me..

The only holster I would replace my 013 with would be an 014..

Seriously work the safariland 014 in to your options..

That holster is near perfect..

Im with carlosa, safariland 014 is damn near perfect. Prior to the 014 I used the H&S speed sec 5 for my limited/open glock setup. The gun rocked around too much. 014 has so much adjustability. I can cant the muzzle, tilt the gun grip closer to me or further away, and also rotate it. It is on a ball joint that when loosened will rotate to almost any angle you could want.ude7y5ar.jpg

Im with carlosa, safariland 014 is damn near perfect. Prior to the 014 I used the H&S speed sec 5 for my limited/open glock setup. The gun rocked around too much. 014 has so much adjustability. I can cant the muzzle, tilt the gun grip closer to me or further away, and also rotate it. It is on a ball joint that when loosened will rotate to almost any angle you could want.ude7y5ar.jpg

No safariland here bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 5 weeks later...