Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coolest and oddest C-more mount so far...

Freddie the Swede

A California shooter, the late Ray Echols, had an upside down C-More mount on his open gun in late 1999, early 2000. We called his mount the "Enterprise" because it resembled the starship Enterprise in Star Trek.

Nolan

Hello: Benny Hill told me about a guy who did that a long time ago mounting the C-More upside down to lower the dot. Seems like alot of weight up high to me. I'll stick with my 90 degree mounts. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Cool for trying it, but no advantage over a sideways mounted c more. Not to mention you have more material (weight) to get the c more up that high and mounted upside down, your center of gravity/balance of the gun is changed and you still have the vision barrier on one side due to the mount, but now you've added another vision barrier on top/above, which would probably be an issue when your shooting stacked targets, swingers, bobbers, Texas stars etc.

Edited by jrbet83

Here is a picture from a match in Eskilstuna, Sweden (Level II).

There where a guy who had made hos own mount in an pretty unusual way.

I know him and he says it works quite OK.

Just liked to share...

521774_404691532961389_1455382991_n.jpg

//Freddie the Swede

I would think that would clutter your field of view too much. YOu have the optic body on top and the gun onthe bottom and a narrow window between them.

Pat

I'd like to look through it. Might be like a tunnel that grabs the eye, but if if was done many years ago and didn't work it probably won't be sticking around or gaining ground. Just look at piston driven AR's...