Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

24 or 35?

fiddler

I can't disagree with the others, but to me, the trigger and sights are much more important than barrel length. Assuming these are the same in any of the options, then I agree with G24 for L/L10 & G35 if you would like the option to shoot Production.

Spent the winter getting this 24 setup and just used it in a match and it was a blast to shoot... I have tried just about everything (STI,CZ, Caspian, Beretta, S&W, etc) and this 24 is really nice...

I also had a 35 and it was adequate but I prefer the 24 (so far) and you do not see alot of them in the field..

Glockworx (Tim) did most of the work and it is exceptional.

243_zps1291aef4.jpg

I have a g20 with 6" lone wolf slide & 40 conversion barrel. Really like the larger frame and feels much heavier than g24/35. Recoil is very soft, if anything slide needs to be lightened. Took a little work to get her running but currently shoots great. Don't care for the magwells available for the G20, prefer SJC but they only make them for small frame glocks.

I bought the 6" LW slide for the G20 as well without the coffin cut. Just got it back from slide lightening from Matt Cheely and its off to be finished. When I get it back and figure out how to post pictures ill show it.

I can't directly comment on the 40 S&W versions but my experience with the G34 vs the G17L was a bit different. I would recommend handling both first as this may be a matter of user preference. As excited as I was to get my 17L as kind of a dedicated 3 gun pistol coming from a year of shooting a G34 for production I ended up disappointed. For the 17l the extra velocity was awesome, recoil was soft, but the balance seemed to be lacking compared to the G34. Going from 5.3" to 6.02" the extra sight radius didn't seem to make a huge amount of difference. Hard to explain why but the 6" slide although soft seemed to have a bit more drama in recoil. Of course I'm sure this balance issue can be negated by an aftermarket slide/extra lightening cuts or different magwells/ weighted grip plugs but that is my experience with both pistols in a fairly "stock" form. YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

Glock 20 with a 40 s&w barrel.

What is the benefit of going with a 20 and then converting to .40cal vs just getting a 22/24/35 to begin with?

There are a few threads on this. Give them a look. I think they shoot softer...possibly, for a variety of reasons.

Spent the winter getting this 24 setup and just used it in a match and it was a blast to shoot... I have tried just about everything (STI,CZ, Caspian, Beretta, S&W, etc) and this 24 is really nice...

I also had a 35 and it was adequate but I prefer the 24 (so far) and you do not see alot of them in the field..

Glockworx (Tim) did most of the work and it is exceptional.

243_zps1291aef4.jpg

I would not want another Glock 24 unless the slide was lightened. I'd bet this one shoots and cycles really nice.

Haven't had the pleasure of shooting a G24. I run a G35 with Sevigny Competition sights (.100" red FO front, plain black rear), Dawson ICE magwell, Zev Tech competition spring package, .25 cent polishing job on trigger components, ZEV tech V4 race connector, Arredondo mag extensions (gives me 20 reloadable on all mag's), Tungsten guide rod.

This is a GREAT set up for Limited and can be used for Lim-10 as well as Production (minus the magwell). I think the G35 is a great all around firearm for a bunch of applications.

Z-