Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 USPSA Nationals Location?

Like most shooters, I try to operate within a set budget so that I don't go crazy with my hard-earned bling-bling. I would like to go the Nationals next year if I can drive there. (within 600mi of KC)

Soooo, for planning purposes, has anyone heard of the 2005 location? or rumors?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what bling-bling is?

The term, which is used to describe diamonds, jewelry and all forms of showy style, was coined by New Orleans rap family Cash Money Millionaires back in the late '90s and started gaining national awareness with a song titled "Bling Bling" by Cash Money artist BG.

The OED has added the term to its online edition. Girls used to say "Pretty!" when they saw shiny rocks. Same idea... :P

PASA in July is hot, but it places the Nationals before the World Shoot. Personally I could not care less about that timing issue, but I realize that it is important to some. Also, by placing the US Nationals immediately prior to the World Shoot, we will see a lot of foreign shooters. Which leads to the discussion that has run in another thread. How do we handle the non-current classification of thie foreign shooter?

Jim

There are several considerations here.

Location is one thing to consider. PASA for all its negatives is within driving distance for a large portion of the country. Flying in is a bit worse, you have a 2 hour run up from the airport in St. Louis.

Time is another consideration. Fall makes it tough for teachers and students. Most of the rest of us can schedule anytime.

October in FL may not be so great. Look at the weather pattern this year. Obviously we hope that this won't repeat next year, but they've had 4 hurricanes in 6 weeks.

While PASA may not be ideal and certainly July may well be hotter than h377, it is the place that can handle all of us at once.

The fact that there is little to do besides shoot in Barry is not a detraction to my mind. That is why I go there. The 5 day shooting schedule was fine as was the chose a gun and shoot. If you have three Seperate nationals, you have three seperate set-ups, three seperate sets of costs, three seperate times that you need to raise an RO cadre. True, you don't get to see Robbie, Todd, Matt and the rest all shoot the same division and each division against each other. But you get 500 plus unique entries. How many unique entries were there in the three seperate nationals last year? Did we have more people shooting this format or the three Nats format?

One thing we could do, regardless of the fact that the rules say that it does not exist, is to publish an OVERALL Standing just for those of us that would like to see if our performance with a Limited gun beat Dave S with a production gun or if Robbie with a L-10 can beat Todd with Open. THis set of results would be for fun only.

Many people say FL would be great, " I can take the wife and kids and do Disney." Do you really want to try to shoot and also go to Disney at the same time? When you get done shooting aren't you generally lloking to rehash the day , rest and plan for tomorrow? or do you reallly want to rush from the range to your hotel to get the wife and kids and race off to wander around an amusement park?

You should all understand that I love my wife and daughter and have no problem if they come along to a match. Even to the Nationals, but the reason to be there is the Nationals and nothing else matters til the last shot. Family vacation is another trip at another time. Better all around.

Jim Norman

Jim,

Well said.

On the combined results. Don't all of the divisions other than open meet the open division requirements? Now I know some people are going to chime in and expose how it is not fair to compare a production shooters score to open and so on and so forth. But, hey think of how impressive it would be if a shooter in any of the divisions other than open actually did win the overall match. I would be impressed and would personnally congratulate them on a very well done job.

Years ago Tommy Campbell would regulary finish in the top shooting a S&W 745 (I think it was a gun he put together and resembled a 745) against all other shooters with the state of the art race gun at the time. SS 38Super w/comp.

Alan

(Did you come her to shoot or sightsee?)

PASA gets my Voight...I meant vote :D !...no punn intended

Running an overall list to show order of finish gets a thumbs up B) !

Listening to whiners complain about the heat....priceless! :lol::lol::lol:

Like the bid dog said, "keep your puppy azzes on the porch if you can't stand the heat"! Yep...I enjoy tough conditions, ones that require a little mental and physical conditioning!

The heat in PASA, would be better if it was a dry heat...... NOT

As a native of the High Desert of CA and have had the pleasure of shooting in the Desert Summer time I can tell you If it is overf 105 it is hot period.

So if you cant handle the heat stay home.. but if you do come out remember to constantly hydrate yourself. This does not mean sodas, drink water and sports drinks.

Alan

World Shoot is in August, that's why the Nats are in July.

Another excellent reason to hold the Nationals in July. I had started to say something about this earlier, but deleted it because of the other thread about the foreign shooter sandbag situation was running. So I held my tongue.

I personally don't care about the World Shoot, but I know a lot do and the US Nats is a very good run-up for someone that is going to shoot the WS. I do hope that the BOD can come up with a viable answer very soon to address the situation.

I also hope that our President will announce very soon the time and the place for the Nats. Many of us are trying to plan other matches as well as the balance of our lives that may not include USPSA and knowing this item is the key.

Jim Norman

I heard Voigt say tentatively back to back @ PASA in July.

I went up and introduced myself to Michael on Sunday at stage 24, after registration and while looking over the stages. When I asked about the location and format for the 2005 Nationals, I received that same response.

...Mark

I realize PASA is a good facility and it's centrally located, but it sure would be nice to have the nationals in America (and not Illinois) for a change. I'd like to shoot the match at least once before I either quit shooting or actually get a real job and can't go!

How many shooting bays does a club need to host such an event?