Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maui in March

Aloha Maui shooters!

This mainland boy is headed west over the pond for a little R&R in late March. I've checked the Valley Isle Sport Shooters site and there's a match scheduled for the Sunday after I arrive. I'd love to meet and shoot a match with you all.

Even though I've read about the local registration requirements in another thread and I'll be checking with the airline for their firearms policies, I'd welcome any tips to make the legal compliance part as relaxing as possible.

Mahalo

ETA: Forgot to mention that I'll be shooting the single stack gun with 8 round magazines.

Edited by lumpygravy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! We're making final date arrangements which unfortunately will be after your state championships.

Ray - I replied to your pm.

I'm looking forward to a little getaway.

My mom was born-n-raised in Honolulu and we still have family there. I used to spend summers there working banquet at the Royal Hawaiian.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well. Minor bump in the road is causing a short delay in the itinerary. It's going to be end of April instead.

Still, I'm looking forward to being there and shooting a match with all y'all and I should have my new SV singlestack gun by then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a great time shooting a great match with all of you great guys! The stages and the company were top shelf all the way.

I had so much fun, I told the rest of the travel party I don't need to do anything else on this trip except eat. Mahalo VISS guys!

Hey Ray, what is the hassle factor like getting from Kauai to Maui? Super ferry, other? Any ideas on travel time, etc? Seems like island hopping on plane over to Maui would be a large PITA. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben