Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maui in March

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost is going to be huge, I'm guessing about $400 round trip, the airlines charge you per segment, so, Kauai to Oahu 1 ticket, Oahu to Maui, 1 more etc.

Plus by the time you get here, the match would be over, unless you fly in the night before

That's the reason most of us go to Vegas, by the time you add up airfare, car, room for interisland travel, it cost about the same as a Vegas trip, plus we can gamble

Think I'll just pack my conch horn to Kauai instead of a pistol. Neighbors here get pissed if I let off a blast with either in the back yard, but at least the conch shell will go OK in Kauai. Maybe.

Edited by ben b.

Got home last night after a week on Maui. Thanks again to all the VISS guys for the warm aloha and great match. :bow:

My first trip to Maui was many years ago (think 35mm film cameras) and I should have made this return trip long ago. Finances and time permitting, there will be another trip much sooner on the next go 'round. Range activities aside, Maui has great food and lots to do and see. Coincidentally, it seemed that there were quite a few transplants from the San Francisco Bay Area. Maybe that's a clue....

I hope this thread gets bumped from time to time by others (looks like Ben B got it started) who have a chance to visit and share their good times. :cheers:

Edited by lumpygravy

• 1 year later...

Back from the thread cemetery...

Aloha Maui Guys!

Looking to spring next year for another trip to your island and wondering about your state championships. I looked on the USPSA site and it wasn't listed yet.

Any idea when it might be and on which island for 2015?

Mucho mahalo

2014 2015 is on Maui and as far as I know, no dates yet, maybe end of Feb to March....?

2015 2016 is scheduled for Oahu.

Good to see you in Utah.

Edited by HI5-O

• 3 months later...

Aloha Maui Guyz! Just booked my flight!

The calendar only goes through March but it says there's a match every weekend so I hope holds for the last Sunday in April too. Too bad I couldn't make your state match.

Not sure what to bring this time L10 or SS.... Decisions....

• 2 months later...