Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold Bullets

Red Ryder

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a bunch of us are in the same boat...Placed order on Jan 31, got order confirmation, no shipping info to date. Hopefully they are just behind on shipping and that they actually had it in stock when I ordered.

I ordered 115 grainers on 8 Jan, got a confirmation a few days later, but still haven't seen a charge to my bank account or the bullets. I emailed them on Jan 24th and they said they had to switch over a machine to get 115's out.

Still waiting and out of open gun bullets. :( Guess I'll be shooting open minor in Glock 40 for a while..this will be interesting.

I think they shut the site down to slow down the "panic" buying, which just creates a false demand that doesn't really exist. In three months when all the "doomsdayers" get enough primers, powder and bullets, the regular shooters will start getting to buy products again.

I will not use Montana gold anymore. I do not like the lack of communication regardless of what their excuse is. They could at minimum post something on their web site however, my business is going elsewhere.

I will not use Montana gold anymore. I do not like the lack of communication regardless of what their excuse is. They could at minimum post something on their web site however, my business is going elsewhere.

This is in big letters on their website: "We are 30-40 days out on all orders. Online page is 3 weeks out for a new page setup. Your credit cards are not charged until your order is shipped. Thanks for your business. Management"

https://www.montanagoldbullet.com/pricelist.html

I wouldn't throw them under the bridge like that, they had bullets in stock far longer than anyone else I normally shop from, are accepting backorders, have not jacked up prices and have not sold bullets they didn't have in stock. Oh and all my 180 grain bullets weigh exactly 180 grains...

PLEASE FOLKS!

I did not start this post to bash Montana Gold. NO ONE makes a better bullet. I am very THANKful that they still sell to individuals. The point of the post is to share info so we might decipher when we may get our shipments. Right now CMJ 124gr orders are running behind the farthest from what I can tell from this thread. Have patience. I will remain a loyal customer. I will try to order bullets in November or December rather than January. :)

Edited by Red Ryder

PLEASE FOLKS!

I did not start this post to bash Montana Gold. NO ONE makes a better bullet. I am very THANKful that they still sell to individuals. The point of the post is to share info so we might decipher when we may get our shipments. Right now CMJ 124gr orders are running behind the farthest from what I can tell from this thread. Have patience. I will remain a loyal customer. I will try to order bullets in November or December rather than January. :)

Great point and I agree. They will still get my business, in fact, this will probably make them get more of my $$$ sooner so I'll have a couple cases in reserve!

We can surmise from the posted information that MG doesn't have separate machines for producing each bullet caliber and weight. They obviously have to stop production of one to make another. I know nothing about making FMJ bullets. If I hit the Lotto, I would love to learn about it and open up my own company, but for now I will be a customer. I am sure they are doing their best.

• 2 weeks later...