Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mag pouch to use? Moving from production to Limited / Open

Tuflehundon

I started out shooting Single Stack with my 1911. Ended up picking up a Glock 22 to shoot in Production a few months ago, and that quickly turned into a Limited gun. I shot Production using some Uncle Mike's double mag pouches, and that's what I still have. I am looking to get some beter pouches with better clearance away from the body the the Uncle Mike's which are right against my side. I also want the ability to cant them however I want.

I just picked up a used Amadini Ghost holster last week pretty cheap. Now I am looking into mag pouches as my next upgrade since I have almost maxed out what I want to do to my pistol.

What is everyone using? Price isn't to big of a worry, but I will be buying 4 of them. I want so many so I can have more mags for steel shoots as well as IPSC. I will be using them in Limited, and eventually in Open. I plan to do an Open build later this year.

I'm partial to Safariland 773's for double stack guns and 771's for single stacks. They can't be adjusted for distance from the body, but I've made some nylon spacers that get it away from the body, but still remains within the rules. I could have bought the spacers, but I had some nylon stock laying around, so I turned my own :)

DAA Racemaster they hold the mags secure if you do a cartwheel ( not advised ) and when you reload they slide out smooth as butter.

Loctite is your friend and make sure the Allen Screws are very tight. IMHO

And get the first mag pouch the pouch with the magnet on it. Thanks,

Edited by a matt

The Masters have a little more adjustment. Not a big thing, but the master are so much smother under heavy tension. They both hold the mag solid. The RaceMaster releases much better. That's just my 2 cents. That said, the Racers are great also. I just prefer RM. I feel if I have had a chance to get Racers before the RM I would have been very satisfied with the Racers. Racemaster were the first to come out. Saul may have planned it things that way. Smart marketing move. Thanks

DAA Racemaster they hold the mags secure if you do a cartwheel ( not advised ) and when you reload they slide out smooth as butter.

Will the magnets hold a Glock mag?

DAA Racers all the way.

Ive never used the aluminum Racemasters, and honestly do not see the need to spend the extra coin on them.

I bought bolth types and actualy prefer the the plastic ones

I just tried it with my G17 mags and they stick pretty good. They were empty but I am sure they would have held if full.

No

YES.

Yes, they will hold a glock mag. I have the racemasters and recommend them. I've used cr speed as well and have no complaints with theirs either though.

I just sold some limcat mag holders that I got in a trade and I was impressed with them as well.