Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jessie Duff is on Hannity again

Sarge

PM's do little to educate those of us who tuned in for more info.

+100. Educate all of us.

Sorry, I will not go into specifics on a public forum...I am not doing their work for them...

I'll probably get in trouble somewhere for this, but it was awful. A piece of sheet metal. She either does not understand ballistics or is intentionally misleading. FAIL!

Anything else, ask me direct please.

Edited by MarkCO

Thats was a damn good interview.. she did a damn good job explaining how people want to ban certain guns based on a misconception and fear mongering of others... the pistol grip picture was great as well as the comparison of what a "hunting" caliber does compared to the evil 223/5.56 of an "assualt rifle."

Mike.

Edited by mikeg1005

A better, more accurate, more convincing approach to the soccer Mom's...

This lady is a educated shooter, not a uneducated politician, this is great stuff ! Mark you need to start a thread with this good stuff in it (maybe in your dealer part ? )

It appeared to me that Jessie was trying to stick to the facts about guns, their capabilities and types.

As a court certified ballistics expert, she should have stuck to what she knows. Hopefully her good looks will keep people from evaluating the actual content, much of which was misleading and or wrong.

In general, if you are going to make a claim that someone is misleading or wrong, the onus is on you to explain why. You are relying on others to take you at your word just because you claim to be a ballistics expert. Also, the science of ballistics appears to be based in classical mechanics so the idea that you know something that cannot be shared on a public forum seems unlikely.

Then again, I know little about this shooter, ballistics, or even sheet metal… but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

It appeared to me that Jessie was trying to stick to the facts about guns, their capabilities and types.

As a court certified ballistics expert, she should have stuck to what she knows. Hopefully her good looks will keep people from evaluating the actual content, much of which was misleading and or wrong.

In general, if you are going to make a claim that someone is misleading or wrong, the onus is on you to explain why. You are relying on others to take you at your word just because you claim to be a ballistics expert. Also, the science of ballistics appears to be based in classical mechanics so the idea that you know something that cannot be shared on a public forum seems unlikely.

Then again, I know little about this shooter, ballistics, or even sheet metal… but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Your last sentence is accurate. Your second to last is not. Again, not willing to educate the ignorant on a public forum. Actually, a little common sense is suficient to know why her demonstration was wrong, my 11 year old knew it was wrong the minute he saw it.

I'll be in meetings next Friday with my elected officials arguing for the truth and common sense by the way...

Edited by MarkCO

MarkCO, thanks for the PM and I agree with your points. One of the big reasons I liked the spot was when my wife saw Jessie she stopped what she was doing and was really receptive to what Jessie was doing more than what she was saying. She doesn't know much about calibers and ballistics but she was watching the way the guns effected (recoil) Jessie, another woman, as she demonstrated them. I guess what I'm saying is the words get forgotten but the visual is remembered. It seems like they always find the nut in the crowd, and it was refreshing to have someone capable deliver the message. I think having a capable women deliver the message shows empowerment, men think they run this country but women just let them believe that. I know from experience I own and run a practice where I am the only male, they run the practice and let me think I'm in charge. :)

I totally agree. I could not function without the women who keep me in line at work and at home. However, I know some women who shoot and hunt who had the same reaction I did to the video.