Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Shop XD

dpeters8445

I called Springfield up this mourning and unforchently Debbie from the custom shop wasn't in. The lady I talked was not sure if this gun is avalible yet or of the price.

Hi cap 9 mags hold 15 rounds and are 29.95. You got to love that.

I'll let you all know when I talk to Debbie.

Doug

That's a ridiculous price. The .40 mags hold 15 just fine and you used to be able to get them from Kieslers for $16 a piece. Nothing like putting a big name on something to turn it from a $350 gun into a $1500 gun... same with mags.

The gun is available as a custom package from the pro shop, I saw the price a few months ago and it was something like $700-800 worth of custom work to your gun. I don't know if they are going to offer it as a catalog item.

Some parts of the package(bar-sto barrel, Milled Bo-Mar sight, Dawson Fiber Optic front sight, remolded frame with a high beavertail, under cut and mag well, a sweet trigger job, etc) Probably worth the money.

I played with a few of them at the NRA show earlier this year, sweet guns.

I really doubt that USPSA will allow them in production, to many external modifications to the frame.

Make sure that you all are sitting down. I talked to the custom shop and Deb said that the XD Custom Pro retails for $ 2,195.00. I don't think that they will be selling very many at that price. Lead time is 6 to 8 months.

Doug

:o Sitting down, you should have warned me to have a ER staff on stand by. YIKES!!!!

Make sure that you all are sitting down. I talked to the custom shop and Deb said that the XD Custom Pro retails for $ 2,195.00. I don't think that they will be selling very many at that price. Lead time is 6 to 8 months.

Doug

Hoooooooly Sh$%%t. That's one expensive yugo.

What !!!!! that much for a Glock!!! ehem an XD!!!!!....whatever it is they are smoking i want it. :mellow:

in ordre for a gun to be allowed in production, the company has to produce a minimum of 500 per year. At that price, I don't think they will be selling too many of them to make the 500 minimum.

I think, for USPSA Production, the number is 2,000. But, that requirement appears to go away (officially) with the new rule book and the "approved gun list".