Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

04 NATS Scuttlebut & Pool

Well, I'm sorry to announce I don't have any good news from Barry. My third day of shooting cost me another 40+ match points. That whole "point shooting" at the steel just isn't paying off.

As far as Limited goes, Mike V still seems to be shooting a good match. Other than Rob's unfortunate run in the dark house, he's actually shooting great. The steel stages hurt most of us, except for Heatseeker and Voight.

We don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the way it stands in our squad right now....

1. Mike V.

2. Robbie

3. Manny

4. Taran

5. Blake

6. Estuardo Gomez

7. Me or Todd or Heatseeker.....by now, what difference does it make :(

There are some other heavy hitters out there, too. It's shaping up to be a fun finish. At least there's less pressure for me to win this year after the first 3 days. Should make for a less stressful last two days. I can sit and watch who stumbles.

No clue what's happening in the other divisions.

Phil

Yeah, that's a pretty remarkable time on the dark house stage by Mr. Gangl or something. I couldn't do that with the lights on! I'm hoping that's a clerical error or typo. That's the only stage where I picked up any groud on anyone, but it's not going to matter with that run on the books!

Well, I'm sorry to announce I don't have any good news from Barry. My third day of shooting cost me another 40+ match points. That whole "point shooting" at the steel just isn't paying off.

Obviously this can wait until well after the match and you get home ...

. . . but . . . are you really point shooting at steel?

It seems like it's no longer "politically correct" within our little community to admit to point shooting (EVER), so I'd be interested in knowing some more details!

Good luck with the rest of the match!

Surefire 6Z. Light starts switched off, in your hand and may not be inserted into your mouth. Shooting with the light in your mouth is considered a safety infraction and will most likely be dealt with harshly according to what I dimly remember from the stage briefing. If you ask the RO for his light to help clear a malfunction, it's asking for RO assistance and you're finished shooting the stage. Inserting the light into your mouth while stationary and clearing a malfunction will earn you a procedural. Don't take any of this as gospel; I shot the stage, I didn't RO it. Ask lots of questions during your walkthrough.....

I don't know if this helps, or is waaaaay too late. I can't find a picture of the 6Z to save my life, but if it's anything like the Z3, here's a way to grip it with your support hand:

SureFireGrip.jpg

The tailcap is adjustable for momentary on by twisting it. You can set it so that it takes very little force to activate the light, or simply turn it on and leave it. In order for me to grip the light in my support hand, I have to push the rubber o-rings forward on the body of the light. Who knows if they'll call it gaming or not.... The light is held in the support hand and the support hand is used on the gun kind of like normal.

FWIW, which can't be much.

LIVE UPDATE FROM BARRY, As of last stage on Wed, Eric G Leading, Max -21, Chris 50 behind Max, JJ 11 behind Chris.

Lots of points left to shoot. Mostly field courses and the standards. Ssquad will shoot 4 stages thursday morning and finish up with the biggest points day on Fri afternoon. Should be interesting couple of days.

Stay Tuned!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

TIP

Shoot strong hand in the Dark House. Many have dropped a mag or two while shooting with light and gun together.

Lund minored --- fortunately early on the second day. He looked really strong on Stage 6 --- shooting all alphas. Warren unfortunately is trying hard to live up to his selfimposed nickname --- but then most of us on Squad 30 are screwing up, some only occasionally, and others, like me, nearly halftime. Toady's moment of brilliance: edging a no-shoot on a headshot target, and then deciding to ake five seconds to make up the hit that would have counted anyway with first a B, then an A.

Steve here, under Kyle's login..I shot solid MOST of the match, earned 30 penalty points on one stage that will keep me out of top 16...who knows after that. :)

Kyle is the master of stage dissection...execution not always there. :(

We had a great time and learned a lot. More details soon.

SA