2013 Northwest Multigun Challenge, Bend, Oregon

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, I know this is slow in coming but what a PITA it has been this year.

The stages are coming along great, as requested, all stages will consist of all 3 guns! Hey, the customers are always right...right? Anyhow, to save some time and help things along, please bring slings for both the shotgun and rifle!

Open shooters, our match will have places to use BIPODS!!!! We will not be using the incline walls like almost all other matches use.

Yes, we are bringing back a car stage, shooting a pistol out of! Because of the dust we decided not to shoot under the car:)

No DQ if you shoot slugs on close steel, we have made the decision that it is not a safety issue but you will be assessed a procedural penalty and a $25 fine to help with replacement of targets.

We have a new target this year...I call it the Double Death Star and Robert of R and R Targets calls it the "Double Star" and you can see it here...

and this video we asked him to shoot it slow! We have 2 of these...one with the shotgun and one with a pistol on seperate stages.

That is all for now...within the next 2 weeks we will be posting the real ammo requirement and stages.

Keep in touch and stay thirsty my friends...

Shoot fast, shoot accurate but most of all....shoot!

Bigger news!

We are excited to announce Colt Manufacturing (http://www.coltsmfg.com/ ) and Colt Competition ( http://www.coltcompetitionrifle.com/Home.aspx ) are Co-Match Sponsors this year. Thank you to Leupold Tactical and Warne Scope Mounts as they Co-Match Sponsored last year.

Both Colt Manufacturing and Colt Competition have stepped up in a big way...We are very proud to have these companies trust us with representing their great companies and we will not let them down. Shooters, please remember their support of our sport when you are looking for your next firearm purchase.

​Not to step aside, Leupold Scopes ( http://www.leupold.com/ ) is a Platinum Sponsor this year. You will not find a more dedicated company that stands behind their products like Leupold! All I am asking is try them out and test them, they deliver and stand behind their products 100%.

I will list more in the next couple of days...stayed tuned.

Sincerely,

Busyhawk

The stages are coming along great, as requested, all stages will consist of all 3 guns! Hey, the customers are always right...right? Anyhow, to save some time and help things along, please bring slings for both the shotgun and rifle!

Open shooters, our match will have places to use BIPODS!!!! We will not be using the incline walls like almost all other matches use.

Yes, we are bringing back a car stage, shooting a pistol out of! Because of the dust we decided not to shoot under the car:)

No DQ if you shoot slugs on close steel, we have made the decision that it is not a safety issue but you will be assessed a procedural penalty and a $25 fine to help with replacement of targets.

We have a new target this year...I call it the Double Death Star and Robert of R and R Targets calls it the "Double Star" and you can see it here...

and this video we asked him to shoot it slow! We have 2 of these...one with the shotgun and one with a pistol on seperate stages.

That is all for now...within the next 2 weeks we will be posting the real ammo requirement and stages.

Ok, now put a couple of do not shoot targets behind it and it'll be perfect... This looks awesome to shoot! I'm probably going to spend $20.00 in ammo on it.

Ok, now put a couple of do not shoot targets behind it and it'll be perfect... This looks awesome to shoot! I'm probably going to spend $20.00 in ammo on it.

No shoots, I hadn't thought of that, thanks for the idea!

Doug

How about... I was just kidding about the no shoots... that target looks insane enough. Fun, but insane for a newer shooter like me. :surprise:

Geez, way to go Greg. Next thing you'll be asking for slug shots at 150 yds..off hand...at an Auto Popper.

How about... I was just kidding about the no shoots... that target looks insane enough. Fun, but insane for a newer shooter like me. :surprise:

Geez, way to go Greg. Next thing you'll be asking for slug shots at 150 yds..off hand...at an Auto Popper.

Yeah, I thought for sure everyone would understand that that was a joke... Maybe we should do it blindfolded too? :) I only have one goal for NWMGC... Don't get DQ'd on the first day.

Oh, P.S. From what my wife Leilani tells me MIGHT be a possibilty...you are the coolest person on the planet.

Yeah, I thought for sure everyone would understand that that was a joke... Maybe we should do it blindfolded too? :) I only have one goal for NWMGC... Don't get DQ'd on the first day.

Oh, P.S. From what my wife Leilani tells me MIGHT be a possibilty...you are the coolest person on the planet.

If she told you that, trust me she is waaaaaay wrong. Ive got a stack of emails that will prove that.

Why not make one of the plates a no shoot plate? That will increase the "oops" factor.

We have already talked about having a No Shoot plate on the front and back star. Sounds cruel, I like it!

Doug

I have not put any thought into it yet. Last year Carl ran it but he can't make the match this year. If a few of you bolt gun guys want to put something together let me know.

Doug