Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Northwest Multigun Challenge, Bend, Oregon

Ok, the stages are done and ready for consumption when I get time to put them on electrons. But just for a taste here is the ammo requirements:

Stage 1...

Rifle.....11

SG.......14

Pistol...12

Stage 2...

Rifle.....12

SG.......13

Pistol...14

Stage 3...Standards stage

Rifle.....18

SG........9

Pistol...18

Stage 4...

Rifle.....15

SG.......13

Pistol...19

Stage 5...

Rifle.....14

SG.........9

Pistol...19

Stage 6...

Rifle.....16

SG.......10

Pistol.....8

Stage 7...

Rifle.....14

SG.......14

Pistol...15

Stage 8...

Rifle.....11

SG.......18

Pistol...19

Stage 9...

Rifle.......7

SG.........8 slug only stage

Pistol.....5

For a total of

Rifle.....118

SG.......108...8 of which are slugs

Pistol...119

This round count is taking in account of 2 hits on each paper and one hit on all steel or clays. I am not counting shooters shooting my no shoot targets and missing!!! :)

As you see I have included all 3 guns on each stage so you better be happy!!!!

Shooting clays with the rifle because Doug wants to...no, not flying either...

R and R Targets http://randrtargets.com/site/ is supplying the Death Star to two stages this year as a way to just frustrate the hell out of us. One is with the Shotgun and one with the Pistol, and combined with 1 no shoot target.

That is it for now...

Busyhawk

It's not that important, but I summed the round counts and got 129 for pistol. Rifle and Shotgun totals were as stated.

Sendit

Add another 200 rounds for the Death Stars

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you bring 10 extra rounds! I usually bring 3 times the amount needed, so I never get caught short.

Doug

I got caught short while bird hunting once.....once. Now I'm happy to lug a box and a half of shells around so that I don't have to watch my dog point over and over with no shots fired. I'm not sure he ever forgave me.

Sendit

OK, I know this is slow in coming but what a PITA it has been this year.

The stages are coming along great, as requested, all stages will consist of all 3 guns! Hey, the customers are always right...right? Anyhow, to save some time and help things along, please bring slings for both the shotgun and rifle!

Open shooters, our match will have places to use BIPODS!!!! We will not be using the incline walls like almost all other matches use.

Yes, we are bringing back a car stage, shooting a pistol out of! Because of the dust we decided not to shoot under the car:)

No DQ if you shoot slugs on close steel, we have made the decision that it is not a safety issue but you will be assessed a procedural penalty and a $25 fine to help with replacement of targets.

We have a new target this year...I call it the Double Death Star and Robert of R and R Targets calls it the "Double Star" and you can see it here...

and this video we asked him to shoot it slow! We have 2 of these...one with the shotgun and one with a pistol on seperate stages.

That is all for now...within the next 2 weeks we will be posting the real ammo requirement and stages.

Keep in touch and stay thirsty my friends...

Shoot fast, shoot accurate but most of all....shoot!

WoW I picked the perfect match to shoot for my first time! HA Ha ha ha ha

75 yards will be the longest slug shot.

We are going to have a catered Bar-B-Q chicken dinner at 6:00 PM, right before the awards so be ready to eat! Squad schedule will be AM-PM-AM or PM-AM-PM. Email me at nwmultigun@aol.com if you have a preference.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Hello All,

I'm starting to work on Squading so if you have not given me your preferred squad buddies prior to this, feel free to email me with your preferences to NWMultigun@aol.com. Squads will shoot AM-PM-AM or PM-AM-PM, 3 stages each day, if you have a preference on this let me know and I will try to accommodate you if possible. We already have some other special request and we will do our best to accommodate those request too. This will leave you with plenty of time to party with your friends in beautiful Bend. Since shooters are only on the range half a day we will not be providing any food at the range. Only the ROs will be out on the range all day and will have lunches provided.
After the shooting stops on Saturday afternoon we have a catered Bar-B-Q chicken dinner set up by a local company so that you can have a nice meal before the Awards. Food should be ready to eat by 6 PM so come hungry. We will provide water, other beverages are up to you.
The prize table is starting to look pretty good and Scott tells me there are already about 26 guns being provided by the Main Match Sponsors, Colt and Colt Competition. That means over 10% of the shooters will be taking home a gun! Lots of other companies have stepped up this year and we will have them all on the website by the end of this week. Please make sure to tell them that you saw them at the Northwest Multigun Challenge and always give companies that support 3 gun your first shot at a purchase.
Since we went to a 3 half day schedule and opened up 75 more slots than last year, we still have some space available in the match so tell your friends that we are accepting late entries. Feel free to call Scott or myself if you have questions. If it is a question that all could benefit from, please write it here on the Forum and we will answer for all to see!
Doug
206-235-1168
Scott
360-229-0574

RLTW,

Busyhawk

Doug is busy trying to put these stages on the Etrons...I am too old school for that, I can make the stages with crayon or coal/lead pencil but it's hard to put on the web site (isn't a web for spiders?).

Know where you are hitting at say 350 yards...we have a paper target out there and you really need to call your own shots, Bullseye Camera Systems http://www.bullseyecamera.com/ is providing a system so we can score from the start line...should prove interesting. This target must have 2 hits on it instead of one A or B hit. No steel report so the shooter must be either confidant or lucky? I believe it is just evil...

Busyhawk

Uber,

Looks like it applies to all divisions and appears to be the first time they've shot the match. ( "X" designation)

Rick

Bingo, I'm using EZWinscore and it defaults all shooters to a "U" unless I change it. I'm using the "X" to note novice shooters because we will have a trophy for the Top Novice.

I just posted version G of the Squad List, based on shooter input. If you want to change your squad now is the time to do it. Email me at nwmultigun@aol.com to make changes.

Squad Lists are at the bottom of the 2013 Sponsor page, I have a few more to add but need to take a break from the computer and work on the Honey Do List:

http://nwmultigun.com/2013_Sponsors.html

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Doug is busy trying to put these stages on the Etrons...I am too old school for that, I can make the stages with crayon or coal/lead pencil but it's hard to put on the web site (isn't a web for spiders?).

Know where you are hitting at say 350 yards...we have a paper target out there and you really need to call your own shots, Bullseye Camera Systems http://www.bullseyecamera.com/ is providing a system so we can score from the start line...should prove interesting. This target must have 2 hits on it instead of one A or B hit. No steel report so the shooter must be either confidant or lucky? I believe it is just evil...

Busyhawk

Scott,

The camera system looks pretty cool. Interesting concept with today's technology. No more spotting scope needed!

Tavis

Busyhawk

Target size?

Busyhawk

Target size?

We were planning on using a 3 Gun Nation cardboard target, 18" by 18" which is larger than an average steel target for that range. The difference is no feed back like with a steel target and the RO will not be calling hits on the paper! After the shooter is done then the video feed will be checked for hits. The hits from each shooter will be flashing in the monitor.

Squad Lists Version K is up on the website, close to the end (I hope).

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

That target camera is super slick. Especially since no one has to go out and tape the target!!! I can only imagine the "discussion" between Doug, and Scott, as to what distance the target would be placed!!!! :devil:

I wanted it out around 500 yards, that way there would be less holes in the paper!

Doug

Go ahead Doug put it at 500 yds Bang Bang I'm gone to the next target!! Nothing quite as satisfying as hearing steel clang when you hit it at distance.. Its all about the feedback of the steel. I love that feedback...paper at that distance=no feedback. Sorry not a big fan but you may prove me wrong again!! :goof:

Ok, so here I go again.

Anyone want to go riding while at, or more likely, after the match? There are world class trail systems literally across the highway from the range. RJ told me about an area called China Hat that sounds cool. Terry and I rode some of them last year and had a blast. He has a great new job and cant get a lot of time off yet.

If youre interested and have gear but lack a bike, drop me a line.

See ya there,

Earl

360-649-3693

Edited by A well Earled machine