Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Northwest Multigun Challenge, Bend, Oregon

Looks like another great Match, thanks Doug and Scott for all your time, blood, sweat, and tears (both past, present, and yet to come :-)

Time Plus scoring makes both ROing and scoring so much easier! 1 alpha or 2 anywhere neutralizes the paper targets....GR8!

(BTW, no mulligans but can I pay for some 2 shot alpha targets and use them elsewhere / how much / how many :-)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That target camera is super slick. Especially since no one has to go out and tape the target!!! I can only imagine the "discussion" between Doug, and Scott, as to what distance the target would be placed!!!! :devil:

What if my .233 goes through the same hole that a .308 made, before I shoot this stage ?

That target camera is super slick. Especially since no one has to go out and tape the target!!! I can only imagine the "discussion" between Doug, and Scott, as to what distance the target would be placed!!!! :devil:

What if my .233 goes through the same hole that a .308 made, before I shoot this stage ?

It's a friggin' mike, of course!

I just got a chance to look at the stages and I have to say, it looks like some fun and challenging stuff. It was challenging just to get everything straight on the stage description haha. I do have a couple questions for you if you'll let a few surprises out.

For the stages with slings, they specify empty chamber, does that mean the shotgun tube is loaded? Loaded magazine in the rifle is fine? Just empty chamber?

Which stage were you planning to put the paper target at distance? It wasn't obvious on the stage descriptions I read.

I saw a long range steel on several stages. What distances might they be at? I'm trying to figure out how much long range ammo to bring. I see Rifle steel on 1,2,4,6,7, and 8.

mmmmm...that's not a very good answer

I just got a chance to look at the stages and I have to say, it looks like some fun and challenging stuff. It was challenging just to get everything straight on the stage description haha. I do have a couple questions for you if you'll let a few surprises out.

For the stages with slings, they specify empty chamber, does that mean the shotgun tube is loaded? Loaded magazine in the rifle is fine? Just empty chamber?

Which stage were you planning to put the paper target at distance? It wasn't obvious on the stage descriptions I read.

I saw a long range steel on several stages. What distances might they be at? I'm trying to figure out how much long range ammo to bring. I see Rifle steel on 1,2,4,6,7, and 8.

On the Slung shotgun, tube full empty chamber. Slung rifle completely empty, no mag. Ranges will vary but will be 150+ to a max of 350. Still working out where the long paper will be.

Doug

mmmmm...that's not a very good answer

Only 7 guys shooting .30 cal rifles, very unlikely situation. We will be changing paper between Squads. If there is no change to the target, like a new hole, its a miss.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Sorry if someone already asked, but will there be a rifle range available to verify zero before the match?

Thanks!

Yes, there is a bay available to shoot out to check zero.

Doug

On the Slung shotgun, tube full empty chamber. Slung rifle completely empty, no mag. Ranges will vary but will be 150+ to a max of 350. Still working out where the long paper will be.

Doug

Thanks Doug, I'm looking forward to seeing you and Scott up there. Looks like it'll be a really fun match, thanks for all your hard work :)

Full? Was told to buy one once and i've run it every big match since. Looking forward to this match. Damn 97 was bitched for hours. The selection of micro brews is amazing.

Today began the 2013 Northwest Multigun Challenge

Day 1 is in the books with great weather, great stages, and great people that we only see once (or twice) a year.... Squad 9 is awesome!

Many thanks to Doug and Scott as well as the 30 hard working ROs, the score-mistress Brenda (Scott's wife) and all the Match Sponsors who contributed so much in products and support.

Today began the 2013 Northwest Multigun Challenge

Day 1 is in the books with great weather, great stages, and great people that we only see once (or twice) a year.... Squad 9 is awesome!

Many thanks to Doug and Scott as well as the 30 hard working ROs, the score-mistress Brenda (Scott's wife) and all the Match Sponsors who contributed so much in products and support.

Hearty agreement. Great match so far. Looking forward to day 2 tomorrow.

just got back from bend, and brought all the dust with me. shooting two stages with a broken cmore was not fun...especially with those frigging little plates and death stars. IAC, the stages were great. perfect mix of tech stuff, memory stuff, hosedown house, swingers, long range (more long range, scott!) and lots of rounds. actually found the need to change chokes during a match! weather was really nice. RO's were the best as a bunch i've ever seen at a major...and i've been to a few. practiscore is the shitz. prize table was awesome. lots of pubs to check out.

doug and scott-here's to you, my friends. you should feel absolutely great about this one. i'll be back!

just got back from bend, and brought all the dust with me. shooting two stages with a broken cmore was not fun...especially with those frigging little plates and death stars. IAC, the stages were great. perfect mix of tech stuff, memory stuff, hosedown house, swingers, long range (more long range, scott!) and lots of rounds. actually found the need to change chokes during a match! weather was really nice. RO's were the best as a bunch i've ever seen at a major...and i've been to a few. practiscore is the shitz. prize table was awesome. lots of pubs to check out.

doug and scott-here's to you, my friends. you should feel absolutely great about this one. i'll be back!

Glad you could make it Butch. I'll hold a spot for you next year!

Doug

Doug - You got an eye on dates for next year? (And I know how weird that is since I haven't even unpacked yet - but it speaks volumes about what I thought of the match!)

My wife is already on me to book a house in Sunriver next year (if it's in Bend again). Which I suppose is a good thing . . .

Thanks for the great match.

Greg

Edited by Zeke013

Doug - You got an eye on dates for next year? (And I know how weird that is since I haven't even unpacked yet - but it speaks volumes about what I thought of the match!)

My wife is already on me to book a house in Sunriver next year (if it's in Bend again). Which I suppose is a good thing . . .

Thanks for the great match.

Greg

The plan is the second weekend of July, but it needs to be approved by the COSSA board. They were very happy this year because we left the range better than when we arrived, unlike last year, (for reasons I won't go into). Next year will be even better and I already talked to the tent rental company and we will have an Astroturf floor in a bigger tent to keep down dust and have more room. Hope to finish the prize table in 2014 before dark!

Doug