Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is probably to early to be thinking about, but I sure hope they bring back the flying bird stage in one form or another.

Based on what I read from last years thread, you may be one of the only ones. I did like having aerials in the match and hope they have some this year, but I think 10 of them coming from the same trap was a little boring.

It is probably to early to be thinking about, but I sure hope they bring back the flying bird stage in one form or another.

Based on what I read from last years thread, you may be one of the only ones. I did like having aerials in the match and hope they have some this year, but I think 10 of them coming from the same trap was a little boring.

I enjoyed the clays stage.

I enjoyed the clays stage.

As did I...

We shot a variation of that stage today at a local match. Everyone had varying opinions of how to shoot the stage and opinions of the stage itself :goof:

That was a bold plan you had Jesse, Well executed though. That was definitely all or nothing. If anyone could get them all in that time, I think you could probably pull it off. No one won the match on that stage alone but a lot of people lost on it.

I'm just hoping to see more shotgun plates with the tabs on the front and less that can turn 90° :angry:

The safe way to shoot it, the way I shot it, was not that much fun or exciting. Shoot the 10 clays and don't miss them race to clean up the steel. The cool way to shoot it was the way Jesse pulled it off, but few had the guts to try it, after seeing so many crash and burn.

That was a bold plan you had Jesse, Well executed though. That was definitely all or nothing. If anyone could get them all in that time, I think you could probably pull it off. No one won the match on that stage alone but a lot of people lost on it.

I'm just hoping to see more shotgun plates with the tabs on the front and less that can turn 90° :angry:

Those tabs are good and bad. They don't spin but they don't fall very fast past 10 yards. During the last Rockcastle shotgun match and the ProAm I Saw several shooters hit them square the have to glance back after the next shot to watch them rock back then forward and see them barely tip off the front of the stand.

I think the better solution is to have a traditional base and plate and have the RO call a hit on a spun plate. If you put a few BB's in a rabbit or bird its over and so should a spun plate go.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Those tabs are good and bad. They don't spin but they don't fall very fast past 10 yards. During the last Rockcastle shotgun match and the ProAm I Saw several shooters hit them square the have to glance back after the next shot to watch them rock back then forward and see them barely tip off the front of the stand.

I think the better solution is to have a traditional base and plate and have the RO call a hit on a spun plate. If you put a few BB's in a rabbit or bird its over and so should a spun plate go.

Agreed, I would totally go for a called hit. If not at least with the tabs you could still pick them up without the 10 sec penalty. Not so with the 90° ones, the best you could hope for with them was a lucky shot to rattle the post (and those odds aren't good) who knows maybe Gary will be merciful on a ruling for this year. Either way I'm looking forward to it, shotgun plates and all. Great match and great staff.

Agreed, I would totally go for a called hit. If not at least with the tabs you could still pick them up without the 10 sec penalty. Not so with the 90° ones, the best you could hope for with them was a lucky shot to rattle the post (and those odds aren't good) who knows maybe Gary will be merciful on a ruling for this year. Either way I'm looking forward to it, shotgun plates and all. Great match and great staff.

I'd be curious to see what they did with that front angle iron cut in half.

Tab should be on the back of the plate and as wide as the plate. That way it doesn't keep the plate from going backwards and will make it fall if it tries to spin.

Edited by jtielke

Tab should be on the back of the plate and as wide as the plate. That way it doesn't keep the plate from going backwards and will make it fall if it tries to spin.

Yup! :cheers:

My wife, son and I all three got in Pro! Yee

Haw!!!

Awesome Blaise.... Yall coming down for the TX Multigun?

Just Julie and I, Stone has State tests and A's

are more important.

I can't figure out how to qoute and paste yet bear with me.

Edited by Blaise1

Got the offcial “You are registered as a shooter in the 2013 AR15.com/Rockcastle Pro-Am 3 Gun Match” email today!

Now we wait…and practice some more.

It's been such a busy week, I just sent my app + check today via priority mail.