Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide open or not?

paopao

Once you figure out the game a little, running dry is not very common. The vast majority of custom guns are set up to not lock back for the reason already stated and to keep the gun from prematurely locking back with ammo still in the mag. It's a lot about course management.

Some people like that lock open function. Vast majority Sarge? Maybe in the competition world. Some folks prefer it not to function for competition purposes, but I figure, if you never shoot to slide lock, why would you need to disable it?

Some people like that lock open function. Vast majority Sarge? Maybe in the competition world. Some folks prefer it not to function for competition purposes, but I figure, if you never shoot to slide lock, why would you need to disable it?

All my guns but one lock back. The one that does not is my Limited gun. Production, SS, and Revolver are all suitable for CCW even though I do not use them as my carry gun.

I have run dry twice. In both cases my head was elsewhere so I forgot to reload. Both courses were 22 rounds and I start with 21 so both cost a a miss.

My Open and Limited guns are worked on not to lock back and the idea is to count shots on the walk through and never let the gun run dry.

My ESP and CDP IDPA guns are set to lock back, the IDPA idea is to get the gun to slide lock.

Just depends which games you want to play.

My gunsmith made my gun not to open. do i need to modify my follower?

yes should still mod your follower just to insure theres nothing to catch or grab...

and if you run dry you've done something wrong...

You should not mod your follower. The more follower you have the better. The more material you remove the more prone they are to rolling over turning you mag into a large rattle...

My Open and Limited guns are worked on not to lock back and the idea is to count shots on the walk through and never let the gun run dry.

My ESP and CDP IDPA guns are set to lock back, the IDPA idea is to get the gun to slide lock.

Just depends which games you want to play.

^^^^^ And this is Tactical Marksmanship...not round dumping :ph34r::devil:

Vast majority Sarge? Maybe in the competition world.

Figured we WERE talking about the competition world. Figured we were talking competition guns as well. Carry guns? I don't modify them to work like a comp gun.

I like mine open but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make it lock back with 100. 0000% consistently and never lock back with one still in the mag. Every mag is different and each of my grams followers are at different levels of ground off ness.

Might grind on my slide release...

Yes the Dawson pos stops over insertion. But I have a stock sti from 2011 that has the ejector placed in a mannor that it won't get hit by a over inserted mag...

Edited by Forgetful

Open or limited no. Single stack or prod. You better.

+1

why would you run dry in open or limited? unless by mistake.

SS, lock back, it happens that sometimes you will need to go to slidelock several times in a stage. sucks.