Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production optics

Wilkenstein

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think * Optics as a percentage score modifier works the best for both sides though.

that's an interesting concept, but I think it would require careful experimentation to figure out that percentage, and then I'd tweak it just enough that optics would be at slight disadvantage, otherwise it would be like major/minor where you pretty much HAVE to go major to be competitive. Of course the herd sometimes changes their minds about what is *required* to be competitive. It used to be DA guns weren't taken seriously in production, but now everyone has to have one.

I think the sport might be better for that. Everyone would have the most flexibility, and it wouldn't water down divisions at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Relatedly, at one point I was going to suggest more of a specification/formula for production optics ( like IDPA does for divisions), rather than a list like USPSA. But now that they 'outlawed' my accu-shadow, I'm glad I didn't.

I'm looking forward to PO if it/when happens, but absence won't stop me from having fun - have a PO rig for training and open minor fun, as well as 'real' open guns to play with this fall, yeehaw.

Relatedly, at one point I was going to suggest more of a specification/formula for production optics ( like IDPA does for divisions), rather than a list like USPSA. But now that they 'outlawed' my accu-shadow, I'm glad I didn't.

I'm looking forward to PO if it/when happens, but absence won't stop me from having fun - have a PO rig for training and open minor fun, as well as 'real' open guns to play with this fall, yeehaw.

I'm headed out to my FFL right now to pick up my PO gun. CZ SP-01 Shadow, it will have a Delta Point 2 on it as soon as they start shipping them