Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production optics

Wilkenstein

I definitely think that if PO happens, they need to keep comped and ported guns OUT. Like sarge said, its only going to muddy the waters of what is legal and what is not. HQ would need to make it extremely clear that factory ported guns are still not legal in PO.

In other news I think one of those could be the cheapest way to get into open right now. Put an optic on there with a magwell and one big stick and BAM open gun. What is the consensus on whether it will take major or not? Maybe cut 2 more ports? (obviously not gonna be like a real compensator but who knows, maybe it would still help tame major?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like BOD rejected Production Optics. ... I'm sure there are many here who are thrilled with this news but to me its indicative of a lack of vision.

Have the minutes been published soemwhere?

Glad it got kicked in the nuts. Stupid idea for sure.... Go shoot open.

This.

There was no justification for a new Division. The last poll had less than 100 voters, with the majority voting against. So, it was clearly a non-starter. Had there been a petition with 2500 signatures, it might have been worth discussing.

Somehow I don't think the USPSA forum is an accurate reflection of what the majority of the members across the country think on any issue ...

That being said I have 2 final comments:

1) To those who continue to espouse the idea of "just go shoot open", thoughts of being clueless or ignorant come to mind ...

2). I said very early on in this thread that a nationwide petition representing all of the Areas would be needed to sway the Board and I still believe this to be the only way this will work. As someone recently said, it would be hard even for our Board to ignore a petition with several thousand signatures from all over the country ...

Somehow I don't think the USPSA forum is an accurate reflection of what the majority of the members across the country think on any issue ...

1) To those who continue to espouse the idea of "just go shoot open", thoughts of being clueless or ignorant come to mind ...

And yet the progenitor chose to place the poll there. Prob because a similar poll had already failed its intended purpose here at Enos.

I'm not clueless or ignorant, thank you.

Seems a little strange that everyone voted No. Usually on a vote with that many voters there will always be a dissenter or two. As far as a poll on the USPSA Forum goes, I don't think that many members ever go to it or use it.

I read that as a vote to keep production simple, together with the other votes. Look at the statement regarding production being beginner friendly.

Of course a different division doesn't impinge on an existing one, but think of it this way, how man guns are made from the factory to take optics? I can think of like 3, I'm not sure that is a big enough production pool to justify a division.