Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open in Frostproof Florida

That's great news Cliff--thanks for replying! I'm booking my plane ticket this evening--I'm planning to shoot on Friday.

I think Sam Keen (Hopalong) might just be atttending the match as well--hey, that would make 8 wheelgunners!

As a beginner in IPSC revolver, I figure it's worth the plane ticket and entry fee just to be able to see you experienced wheelgunners in action first-hand!

Mike

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leo,

will there be info posted as to a "shooters meeting" (day/time), also which group (days) we will be shooting on, if different from our chosen days.

thanks.

dan

Dan,

You can pick up your shooter's packet at the Range on Friday or (usually) at the Host Hotel on Friday Night. As a last resort, you can pick up your stuff before you shoot on match day. Unless you are just signing up, you will have your "chosen day(s)" honored.

The "shooter's meeting" will be just before the match (if any). Last year it was at your first stage.

As of today there were 5 slots available for Sat/Sun and those were scattered among a few squads. There are more available for Friday.

Leo

Jeff--Cool--So are we actually up to 9 revos now?

Cliff--As of today, Sam's going. I'm going to try to coordinate it so that all of us wheelgunners are on the same squad on Friday, if at all possible. Sly Dan C. is shooting Sat./Sun. so he'll have a chance to go to school on all of us! ;)

Guys, this is cool. I'm excited. My plane ticket is booked.

Mike

Hey Cliff:

I dunno. Barb just emailed me and said she had a stage crew back out because somebody had to have some piddly open heart surgery...What kind of excuse is that???? Anyway, she hasn't assigned me yet, but I should know in a couple of days. Her computer has been playing hell with emails, so hopefully I'll know my stage by weeks end. I gotta get out of Michigan for a bit (read: FREEZING MY ASS OFFF!!!), and this match is just the ticket!!!

Carmoney:

Yep...probably get at least 10 fellas shooting the wheelie guns for this one. Talk about sadistic...10 stages + over 300 rounds=much reloading. Man I gotta get them reloads under 5 seconds!!! :P

Jeff

Frank just got back from Iraq Nov 30th. His wife just delivered a baby boy Dec 21. Things have been hetic...But somewhat under control.

After reading all the posts I realize that a lot of confirmation cards weren't sent out. I can tell you that what ever day you requested to shoot you got. I have 6 openings for Sat/Sun left and can not honor any more squading request for Sat/Sun. I have about 30 openings left for Friday.

There is no host hotel. All registration will be done at the range. I will be there all day Thursday but won't open registration till that afternoon. (Gotta get the ROs going first Thursday) You can also sign in all day Friday and early Saturday morning. Shooting starts Friday at 7:30 and Saturday at 7:00. So no sleep ins. Friday shooters shoot all stages Friday. Sat/Sun shooters will shoot 6 Sat and 4 Sun or 5 Sat and 5 Sun depending on what squad you're on.

Most of the chain food places are in Sebring which is about 25 miles from the range. The hotels there are the Econo, Inns on the Lake, and Quaility Inn. Frank's web site has the hotels and numbers listed.

As of today there are 6 wheel guns signed up.

I will try to keep you updated as per the conversations on this site. :rolleyes:

Saturday/Sunday slots are full with a waiting list. I have about 25 slots left for Friday. Be aware that if you're on the waiting list you will replace cancelled out shooters on what ever squad they were assigned to. If you are on a waiting list I have already let you know.

Also FYI: There is no shooters meeting before the match. You will receive your briefing at your first stage of fire.

Hotels and directions to the range are on Frank's web site.

LOVE the River Ranch. I stay there every year. It's only 10-15 minutes from Frank's, it's clean, there's a good restaurant on the premises, a bar, a rodeo, etc.

The only problem is that it's a time share resort owned by Westgate now. It's not easy getting a room there. It's like jumping through hoops!

Phil

Phil,

Is River Ranch still open? I thought it went into receivership a few years ago?

I used to stay there when the Open first started, but a few years ago, I called they said it was bankrupt, so I went elsewhere. Didn't know it was still open. You're right, great buffet on Saturday nights as well as the saloon and rodeo.

Kevin

Florida Open 2005 is over full at this time.

The waiting list for Sat/Sun is very long.

The waiting list for Friday is a bit shorter.

I have tried to reach everyone by email but if you have any questions or concerns as to if you're in or on the waiting lists you can email me.

Wadette