Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rules

EEH

I guess I could put this in what I hate--but if you go to a match and say I will keep score,be sure you know how to do it..don't wait and say where do I put steel,,that is not a miss it is a shoot thru,,know the range command's---

Again. This is why I suggested the rule book needs to be reexamined and updated yet I got jumped on because I'm not an ro.

maybe not jumped on,,but all we can go by is what we have..

I hate to be overly constructive, but if people volunteer to keep score yet don't know how to, it seems like a great opportunity to educate them gently in how it should be done (while thanking them for their time and effort).

I agree, everyone has to start somewhere, but since they are acting as an RO by keeping score they should be give a brief run down on safety and procedural violations.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Again. This is why I suggested the rule book needs to be reexamined and updated yet I got jumped on because I'm not an ro.

Bow head low prisoner... You just don't know your place... Which is to not rock the boat...

I guess I could put this in what I hate--but if you go to a match and say I will keep score,be sure you know how to do it..don't wait and say where do I put steel,,that is not a miss it is a shoot thru,,know the range command's---

Or was it that someone wanted to learn and the best way to learn is to do it?

I am glad to see anyone try,,just ask before you start...I have never heard anyone refuse to help train anyone,,,shit when I started I had one of the ro's walk with me,,but I am glad everyone and anyone that wants to help gets the chance.I get to keep shooting and thats what we all want :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like you've found another inconsistency in the rulebook. Literally every other time the rule is mentioned, it is FTSA. See: 9.2.4.4, 9.5.7, 9.9.1, 9.9.2, 9.9.3 and the Index.

I donno if it's really an inconsistensy since "failure to engage" is referenced to 10.2.7 which refers to failing to shoot at...

so if you shoot at a target on the other side of a wall; is it considered an fte? :roflol::sight:

Edited by spanky

This is a great song. Written by KC of KC and the Sunshine Band, part of the beginning of the great Miami Sound. Appropriate. I learned to score from an experienced guy at my club -he just said come on and took me through scoring a stage and echoing the calls as I entered on the old paper sheets. If more guys did this, more people would get it. SOme people are too good to score, however. Local rock stars.

Just so you can "head it off at the pass" and not let it happen to you.......

We once had a guy bring his non-shooting wife (who didn't know much about the sport) along to the match. At the first stage of the day the suggestion was made "Hey, we have a dedicated scorer!". The powers to be didn't realize what they did before they did it and she scored for the entire match! It really didn't go well, for her or the other competitors.

She was kind of a "cheer leader" type and I can remember a stage with two plate racks. I was mowing the plates down and I can remember her cheering behind me, right before I missed! Maybe I need to take a stereo with me to practice and "pump in sound". :roflol:

It looks like you've found another inconsistency in the rulebook. Literally every other time the rule is mentioned, it is FTSA. See: 9.2.4.4, 9.5.7, 9.9.1, 9.9.2, 9.9.3 and the Index.

I donno if it's really an inconsistensy since "failure to engage" is referenced to 10.2.7 which refers to failing to shoot at...

so if you shoot at a target on the other side of a wall; is it considered an fte? :roflol::sight:

Let's not go down that road again.....there is a massive thread about FTE when shooting through/under a wall.....I still say 2M, 1FTE.