Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 FNH USA 3G

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This will be my first year at FNH, where's a good place to stay?

Winchester VA is about 30 minutes from the range. I used Priceline to get a room there 2 years ago. There's a Hampton Inn at the Inwood exit. This will be about 10 minutes from the range.

Skinny sammies are evil slim to the point of invisibility popper like creatures. Hard to see and impossible to shoot at any distance!(aka MGM autopopper..........but I think a bit taller)

Evil is right and now he's putting them on the a 45 degre :angry2: let put a skinny sammy out at 4 or 5 hundred with no shoots around it :devil:

Skinny sammies are evil slim to the point of invisibility popper like creatures. Hard to see and impossible to shoot at any distance!(aka MGM autopopper..........but I think a bit taller)

Evil is right and now he's putting them on the a 45 degre :angry2: let put a skinny sammy out at 4 or 5 hundred with no shoots around it :devil:

Why? Engage it, and take the penalty. How long will the stage take to go and check for no shoot hits for over 200 shooters?

• 2 weeks later...

They discussed, but eventually did away with, a mag limit in tactical last year.

As of now, there is an official FNH 3-Gun Rulebook, and several of the local clubs have been using that as the basis for their 3-Gun rules this year---it is what Springy linked above. They settled on a 7.5" magazine length in tactical (basically enough room for an unmodified 30-round PMag), but coupled magazines are allowed.

Now, I suppose until Larry and Linda put it up on the match website, it isn't official, but I am going to operate on the assumption I only get to use 30s...and I will bring my 48s just in case the rules change at the last minute. ;)

Question for Larry...

It came up in another thread that (what appears to be the most recent incarnation of) the FNH 3-Gun Rules require "factory configuration" and no "external modifications" on pistols in Tactical. I know I and apparently many others run pistols that would best be described as USPSA Limited guns—magwells, oversized controls, &c. Are these still okay, or do we all need to go buy bone-stock Glocks before September? :huh:

TFD3G had the same rule. I was extremely concerned but once there I saw everyone was shooting there limited guns. If they enforced that rule 90% of TAC OPS would be bumped to open!