Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 FNH USA 3G

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my prelim counts, but I made some assumptions on what seem to be minor clerical errors on the stage briefing.

Specifically, stage 2 I assumed 10 plates, not 11 in the description. And stage 9 I assumed plates 1-20 (1-16 in the description) were SH/HG and 1-10 were rifle/HG as well as the two flashers.

Pretty excited for this match, should be great as always.

2013 FNH 3 Gun
***Assume 2 shots on paper
Required Optional
Rifle Pistol Birdshot Slugs Rifle Pistol Birdshot Slug
Stage 1 6 4 27 27
Stage 2 40 50 10
Stage 3 26 40 14
Stage 4 9 33 24
Stage 5 8 17 16 1
Stage 6 6 1 28 28
Stage 7 6 12 12 1 1
Stage 8 1 26 42 16
Stage 9 1 22 42 20
26 15 12 4 123 280 155 2
Total
Rifle 149
Pistol 295
Bird 167
Slug 6
Edited by Onagoth

I'm not bringing my shotgun!!!

Will 12ga slugs fit in your pistol or rifle? Stage 7 looks like it will require a shotgun by the description. Don't forget the disclaimer that the stage may change.

I'll just take the penalty. I will be so far ahead with my pistol after the other 8 stages it won't matter.

That may work too. Or not.

Probably not but I'm curious how these choose your firearm stages would actually turn out without a shotgun or without a pistol.

Can you reload a gun as fast as you can dump it, if so it might be faster to shoot a stage all pistol or all shotgun. I usually elect to at least shoot the ammo that is preloaded in my gun, and then switch depending on distances and stage design.

I have seen guys shoot some stages last year though with only one gun....and it worked out for them too.

Probably not but I'm curious how these choose your firearm stages would actually turn out without a shotgun or without a pistol.

Can you reload a gun as fast as you can dump it, if so it might be faster to shoot a stage all pistol or all shotgun. I usually elect to at least shoot the ammo that is preloaded in my gun, and then switch depending on distances and stage design.

I have seen guys shoot some stages last year though with only one gun....and it worked out for them too.

Consider that a 29 round pistol with a red dot or a shotgun that holds 35 rounds can clean a stage.

Consider that a 29 round pistol with a red dot or a shotgun that holds 35 rounds can clean a stage.

Open guys get all the advantages! lol.

Oh Jesse.....lets see how that works for you. You know how I like to throw a curve ball here or there!

Where is my no shoot steel, OH YEA, "Course Description Subject to Change". I saw how you handled that at the Pan AM! :)

Oh Jesse.....lets see how that works for you. You know how I like to throw a curve ball here or there!

Where is my no shoot steel, OH YEA, "Course Description Subject to Change". I saw how you handled that at the Pan AM! :)

Lol! I think it was Kelly Neal that said, "I don't read stage descriptions they read me." Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Okay, I am getting excited. Larry, the stages look good. I like the fact that there are a lots of targets on pretty much every stage, and I think the BIG arrays of pistol/shotgun choice targets mean we'll see a lot more variation in how people shoot them. Can't wait!

Edited by CJW