Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Irons/Tactical Division

Chuck D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking into a Pris also. I am using an aimpoint right now. I did leave one of the AR's with my irons. I just can't run as fast with irons. I am seriously considering shooting Vietnam division at the Tx Multigun. Everyone will have irons just to see how well I can do.

Then all of you would be "prissy"........which does seem to fit "glass shooters". How about NoX

I actually like NoX or some variation thereof NOX, N.O.X (antagonist from a Bond film) No X

I hope to running Iron in the 2013 season.

Thanks Kurt.

You got that in a Pris? How old is it?

Yes, its in a prismatic. Its probibally 3-4 years old.

It Looks like the Illuminated Duplex shown in this site

http://www.outdoorsu...lattenedLgr.jpg

Very interesting. I had no idea they had done anything but the DCD and the Circle Plex for the Pris. Do you know what the sub-tensions are?

• 4 weeks later...

Hehehe. I am coming to see old friends and shoot one of, if not the, greatest 3-gun match in the world with the most fun platform IMO. Can't wait to see you all too!!

Drop by the Sierra cabin for a libation or two.

Shot my prismatic equipt rifle for first time today. It was ok. Illumination was barely noticeably in daylight.

I liked it OK but jury still out on if I prefer it to irons. I think I will still shoot traditional irons at most divisional matches this year regardless.

Don't want to bee too "prissy"

Edited by Lead-Head

• 2 months later...

Rumor has it there will be at least one true irons gun in the "limited" linup this year at RM3G. :) It might even have an old style A2 upper and stock. Could that possibly work with all the high tech advantages one would be giving up?? :) Hahahaha

Come on Mike??

Just one guy with true Irons????

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else looking for further differentiation between the tac and limited divisions, only changing the optic is a little weak. Why not have it be a true limited division across the board, limit capacity on the pistol (10+1) and run pump for the shotgun (8+1 at start,since shotguns already are limited capacity by the tube only being able to be so long). I think something along that lines would be more of a fitting gear set for the title.

The only thing "limited" about the division is the rifle, and that is questionable since the acceptance of 1x. If it is a match w/o any LR rifle, a dot, pris, eotech can even be an advantage over a magnified optic.

Check out the 3GN pros equipment at those matches....1x optics are very popular and they can shoot anything they want.

I like the idea of only allowing true irons in limited, but also like having more than 6 people in my division.

Edited by Lead-Head