Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man National 3-Gun Championship 2013

How much ammo is everyone bringing to this?

Is buckshot really required? I haven't been able to find any around.

Plan on about double the target count in actual consumables, and a little extra. There is a really fun shoot off to. If you want to shoot that, then plan on an additional 50 or so rounds for each gun, including an extra 20 or so slugs. I personally brought 3x the target count to be on the safe side. Reshoots are low here, unless wildlife is involved.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it to Raton tonight and it was 106 in south central Kansas. Kept waiting for the radiator to give it up.

Looking forward to being at the range tomorrow and nicer temps. Do we get to take a practice shot at the 1123yd buffalo?

Congratulations to Mike Payne for winning the Side HE-MAN Shoot-Off! $300 cash!!!!!

The final 8 all did an amazing job! Shooting in the wind and rain! Special thanks to all the wee-men and He-men who ran down range to set piggies and turkeys and chickens, OH MY!!!

The 8 finalists were: Mike Payne against Fermin Ortega, Jack Hightower against Robert Vlastelica, Kuan Watson against Rich Donaghe and Mark Quintana against Tate (Charles) Moots!!! (These fabulous shooters were the top 8 in the piggie shoot!!!)

The 4 semi finalists were: Mike P against THE PANDA (Quintana) and Kuan against Robert.

The final match was Kuan against Mike!!!

It was a fun evening even with the weather! What an Amazing bunch of shooters!!!!!

One of my favorite parts of the evening was the race for the fallen turkey and then the wrestling match to set it! Last year's champion - wee-man Jared Millinazzo won! Watching Chris and Travis race the hummer around to set the piggies was pretty fun, too!

Thanks everyone for coming out to participate and watch!!!!

There are such amazing people out here at the He-Man Nationals!!! Way to go Mike and everyone!

Just three more stages tomorrow!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

The match was great as usual. Thank you JJ, Denise, the great sponsors and a big thanks to the RO's. The Whittington Center is such a fabulous place to shoot with friends. Thanks to all on squad 3 it was a great weekend. :bow:

I posted match points finals separated by division and time and percents on the website!

http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id12.html

Thanks to everyone who came out! Boy, did the rain time itself almost perfect....well...we had a bunch of soggy RO's, but the downpoor that Whittington needed waited until we were done shooting...today!

Thanks to the staff who worked so hard in the heat!

Thanks so much to the generous sponsors!!! :bow: Please don't forget to send your sponsor thank-you postcards in!!!! I know they appreciate hearing from you shooters!

Thanks so much to all the shooters who came out and worked to reset the stages and were just great people! :bow:

Thanks to Whittington for hosting the match and always helping us out and making us feel welcome!

We hope you all had fun!

Congratulations to Kuan Watson and Tate Moots - the top He-Men and the Eddie Rhodes He-Men Law award winners! Their names will be engraved on the Eddie Rhodes memorial trophy! Congratulations to Jared Millinazzo as top wee-man of the World!! He looked great in his winners' tiara!!! :roflol:

All three of our champions were also the champions last year in repeat amazing performances! I guess we know who the top He-Men (and wee-men) really are! :bow:

We are so glad we got to share the weekend with you all!

Keep shooting and be safe!

:wub: Denise and JJ

This is going to become one of the big, epic matches of the year. Season after season. So long as the Johnsons hold up. Those who were considering shooting it and didn't... Well you missed out. The stages were huge, and I mean truly big! Thankyou JJ and Denise for all your hard work!

Edited by co-exprs

I didn't think I would have as much fun with 308, especially in an AK :blink: , but man that was fun whacking those flashers with .30 cal bullets! You really have to manage your ammo/shots very well because the stages were not catered to 10 rds pistol and 20 rds rifle mags. Stage 2 could be shot with 35 rounds with 1 A on paper and 1st shot hit on steels, or 70 rds if you want/need to put 2 on each target!

Thanks everyone for running the match and to all participants, hope you enjoyed the match as much as I did RO'ing.

A huge, big thank-you to all our match sponsors!!!

:cheers:

Thank you to JJ, Denise and their staff for putting on a first class match, the stages were great. Thanks to Whittington Center for letting us play at their awesome facility.

Congratulations to my friend and Team 3Gun Stuff shooter Mike Payne for winning the shootoff using irons! And for his 2nd place finish in He-Man Irons.

This was indeed a first class match! This was my first time for the HeMan match and was not sure what to expect but everything was as good or better than the RM3Gun match.

I enjoyed it so much that I am considering shooting HM at RM3G! :-0

Congrats to Kuan, Tate, Jared-division winners and Mike- shoot off winner.

Thanks to JJ, Denise and all the friendly staff.

Also a huge THANK YOU to all the generous sponsors!

Edited by Don_B

Bodacious match! No oxygen tho. The Sierra Squad had a great time and thank JJ and Denise and ALL the ROs for their hard work and great enthusiasm. See ya in four weeks at RM3G.

:cheers:

Finally back home from this outstanding match. A huge "Thank You" to Denise, JJ, and all that put up with the insane heat on Thursday and make this match a lot of fun and challenge.

It's worth the trip for the shooting, but seeing my friends that I live so far from is the best!

See you all in a few weeks!

After a 9 hour drive and a 50 degree swing in temp wish I could spent a few more days up north. What a great match and Wow what a facility, world class for sure. Thank you Denise, JJ and the whole crew for setting this up, looking forward to next year.

We got home around 11:00 last night. This was a fun match. It was my first match out at the Whittington Center. What an awesome place. This was also the first time that my family has traveled to a major match with me. It was fun to show them what three gun is about to me, which is having fun, meeting new people and seeing people that you only see at matches. My 11 year old daughter was a trooper, she never complained the whole trip. My wife was amazed that people competing against each other would help each other, with words of encouragement and with gear, if necessary. We met some really nice people this weekend. It was cool meeting other families involved in the shooting sports.

I had a blast shooting with squad six, the Hornady team, Ergo grips team, DPMS folk and other shooters were fun to be around all weekend. Tate Moots made the match fun for my little girl as well, he picked at her all weekend.

Thank you to all of the match staff, JJ and Denise, and the Whittington Center for putting on a fine match. I wish to thank all of the generous sponsors for a great prize table also.

Congratulations to Tate, Kuan and Jared for winning their divisions!

Hurley

We got home around 11:00 last night. This was a fun match. It was my first match out at the Whittington Center. What an awesome place. This was also the first time that my family has traveled to a major match with me. It was fun to show them what three gun is about to me, which is having fun, meeting new people and seeing people that you only see at matches. My 11 year old daughter was a trooper, she never complained the whole trip. My wife was amazed that people competing against each other would help each other, with words of encouragement and with gear, if necessary. We met some really nice people this weekend. It was cool meeting other families involved in the shooting sports.

I had a blast shooting with squad six, the Hornady team, Ergo grips team, DPMS folk and other shooters were fun to be around all weekend. Tate Moots made the match fun for my little girl as well, he picked at her all weekend.

Thank you to all of the match staff, JJ and Denise, and the Whittington Center for putting on a fine match. I wish to thank all of the generous sponsors for a great prize table also.

Hurley

Thanks so squad 6 also for tearing down our bird stage. The RO's were amazed at how quick it went!!!!

3-Gunners are the best!!!!!!

:wub:

Denise

Just put up the all on one division file!

It's just for fun!

That means only one stage winner!

Amazingly, the winners of each division are within 3% of each other!!! It really was a tight race!

It's really not good for anything except your own interest! You can call it t_ts-up if you want! :devil:http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id12.html

Thanks again to everyone!

Denise

Had an awesome time at the Whittington Center, as always. Thanks so much to Denise and JJ for the great match, and the staff who worked it. Loved the stages and had a great time in Squad 6. See you at RM3G!

Hurley

Thanks so squad 6 also for tearing down our bird stage. The RO's were amazed at how quick it went!!!!

3-Gunners are the best!!!!!!

:wub:

Denise

Yeah, stage 5 was our last stage, wow, what a shotgun stage. I drove 19 hours to get back home, pulled my shotgun out of the bag to put it in the safe and the barrel was STILL hot!!!

Another super match put on by JJ and Denise. Thanks so much for all your hard work and those at the match. Great time in NM. Will see everyone again at RM3G! Ms. Beasley sends her regards.

Ranger6....

"Dude, It's got to be true if it's on the Internet. They can't put anything on the Internet if it isn't true." A. Lincoln

Great match and stages were a lot of fun.

Hand quite loading on stage 5, had to switch loading styles to finish.

Got a rifle target to surrender on stage 6. Was setting up at second position and RO says target down send one over top. Look thru scope and see target stand legs up in surrender position.

Planning on doing this match again next and my try to get into to RM3G next year also.

Thank you JJ and Denise along with your staff and the sponsors for making this match happen!!!

Many thanks to all involved. The stages were super. Challenging, well thought out, tested shooting abilities without becoming a memory game or track meet. I enjoyed it very much.

Denise, J.J. and all the ROs and staff did an excellent job.

Many thanks to ALL the generous sponsors. Wow! What a prize table. I think there were four rifles, and several high dollar gift certificates, as well as a string of tables full of stuff for everyone.

Good to see so many of my friends again. Folks I see way too seldom. Good to see Hurley finally make it out there. I suspect he is hooked now like me. LOL!

I was fortunate to be able to shoot with the best squad around, my friends, the Sierra Squad. These guys are serious shooters, yet never forgetting to have fun the entire time. Many thanks to you all. :cheers:

It was hard to drive away after so much fun and good times, and in what has become one of my favorite places to be. The trip home seemed longer than ever before.

Take care.

Just so everyone knows, He-Man Nationals 2014 will be May 10-11.

Yep, I know...Mother's Day weekend! :mellow:

Needed to move it up a bit and I don't think we're stepping on any other 3-Gun matches, and it's the only time around there that Whittington has open. It's a busy place!!!

So, He-Men, start getting your gear together and think of nice things to do for your wives if they're mothers!

JJ's suggestion is to just tell your kids to take care of MOM as you run out the door! :devil:

Denise