Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-14

Flexmoney

• 2 months later...

We shot this one today. I think I ended up with 98 points (Open), but I'd be surprised if the HHF wasn't 120.

String 3 reminds me of the Area 4 standards discussion we had last year

3 - reload - 3 at 25 yards in 4.5 seconds. Go for the reload or get 3 A's?

I shot this one a few months back and it finally posted.

Shooting Limited I scored 81 points which was the highest score on the stage for any division.

This came out to 67.5% which makes shred's guess right on the money. This means that most folks at the our match won't like their scores.

• 1 month later...

My first classifier and first USPSA match...I'm a lowly IDPA shooter.

Completely botched the transfer right to left hand...only got 2 shots off before the timer...A-C...

Got 6 hits on paper in string 2(damn that's far) and tried just for 3 good hits in string 3 (got 1 A 2 Cs) and I think ended up with 2 mikes on the last string.

Ewww 54 points.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This one kicked a lot of people around today.

String 3 really forces you to practice reloads. I decided not to try and go for 3 good hits.

Let's never speak of this again....

That's what most guys did too. The one person who tried to reload shot the first 3 too fast then dropped his mag so he ended up blowing it totally. That scared the rest of us mortals into going for 3 A's

• 3 weeks later...

4 Benzick, David 14 M Limited 80 5 .00 75.0000 75.0000

Shot this Sunday, twice due to a scoring problem. After the smoke cleared I realized the only string that pushed me for time was the 3 reload 3. The next tightest was the left hand string but if my weakhand draw is smooth I should make the par with decent hits.

I look forward to shooting this again and focusing on the shooting instead of the par time. (When will I ever learn?)

Dave

2 Massoni, Butch 4 M Open 91 0 .00 91.0000 91.0000

only real problem i had was blowing the 1st string by re-engaging the damn ambi-safety once the weapon was transferred. only got 3 shots on it. should have had another 15 points!!! the other strings were cake.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Flex. I had heard about the sight with the classifier calc. but no one could remember where it was exactly.

I shot this one yesterday, with the temp. being about 26 at the time. I am not going to mention how bad the score was. <_<

Thanks for the link Flex. I had heard about the sight with the classifier calc. but no one could remember where it was exactly.

Just to make it easy...the link is in my signiture line and it is also the website you get if you click on my "www button".

TRP, No problem. The calculator was an idea that I had for a while. But, I didn't how to make it work. As fate would have it, Roboman (Nick) happened along. Not only does he know that brass isn't just for candlesticks...he knows how to bend the electronic ones and zeros to his will.

TRP,  No problem.  The calculator was an idea that I had for a while.  But, I didn't how to make it work.  As fate would have it, Roboman (Nick) happened along.  Not only does he know that brass isn't just for candlesticks...he knows how to bend the electronic ones and zeros to his will.

Nothin' a little PHP can't handle... :D

Shot this one yesterday too. Great stage - the basics of this stage will be implemented into every one of my dry fire routines and my live fire practice sessions. I'll probably adjust the time and punch 3 shots per target - but I was very pleased with this drill -

So I shot it in limited and really wasn't terribly satisfied. I had one miss on the weak hand section and dropped like 5 or 6 points on the freestyle string. A lot of shooters chose to just shoot the 3 before reloading on the 3rd string - I didn't and managed to get all 6 shots off with hits. Again I dropped some points there. Strong hand went ok.

Seemed to have enough time on all 4 strings. The reload drill was probably the tightest but very doable. Just need to practice.

I ended up with 98 points out of 120. Nationally in limited its 88%. I'd need to pick up 16 points to get to 95% which I think would be challenging but doable. A little practice with the strong hand and weak hand and I suspect that picking up an additional 10 points there would be relatively easy. Then dropping in all A's on the freestyle (which is very doable) and hitting some points on the reload would get er' done. The stage was tough at first, but again I loved the drill.

JB

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't use the time weak hand and had bad hits/misses. I just barely got dinged with an overtime shot on the reload string. By the fourth string I had the pace down and nailed it perfectly. 83 points after the penalty.

• 3 weeks later...

Shot slowly trying to get good hits - only got 54 points. My bad classifiers are mostly in the low 60s lately, but this one seems to be at only 45% nationaly. Also, it is a little puzzling to me that HHF for this classifier is the same for all divisions.

Anyway, I don't think this one is going to be regarded as one of those move up classifiers.