Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flexmoney makes GM!

Steve Anderson

So, basically, since you got your GM card at your 35th b-day, I'm already 2 years behind you... :(

Congrats, that's impressive work, with a Glock too (I don't wanna say it's impossible, just ... harder). ;)

No, I won't ask you the secrets of hits accomplishment, I wanna ask "Where the h@#l do you find all this time? You're GM, you're Section Coordinator, you're Forums co-Administrator, you're valuable knowledge in shooting, I suppose you work and have a family too, thus either you have been secretly experimenting human clonation on your self, or you have 72-hrs days... :blink:

Anyway, that's great, man, truly! ;)

Thanks again everybody!

TDean, I think I have the list of everyboy posted over on GT.

I have to admit to being a bit lucky. I was turning in good numbers at the end of last year. I didn't dry-fire enough over the winter though (only enough to work on some issues). And, the only live-fire that I did this year was a few mags in during the winter (sometimes with gloves), and a little bit to see where my gun was printing when I took the sights off and shot a match that way. I have been pretty cheap on buying reloading components. I had a house to sell and was waiting for it to pay off. (primers and powder should be shipping now. :))

So, with a bit more work...it could have come sooner.

And...the Glock. I don't see it as a handicap. Some might. The biggest difference I see between it and 1911 based gun is that the Glock is snappy in recoil. Many seem to prefer a softer shooting gun. The Glock is a lot lighter than other guns, and the weight is in the slide (moving), but that doesn't appear to hinder split times very much.

Bottom line for the Glock from my perspective...

- It fits

- It runs

- It hits where it is suppose to

- As fast on the draw as anything

- Great capacity (20+)

- Reloads fine (I might have to try a mag well now that I've moved up:))

- Splits are good (low teens for me)

- Transitions fine and dandy

- It doesn't break the bank...a 25 cent trigger job, good sights (Heinies), some grip tape...and it's ready to go.

If I can get to GM, anybody can. Most of the hurdles along the path are self-imposed.

I'll have to drive you around more often now! ...maybe even buy you Wendy's on the way home from Cville? Will you remember me when you start Glockin' professionally?

All joking aside, great accomplishment! Now, to get my G35 out & start shooting Limited again...putting those open blasters away for a year! :blink:

Congrats Kyle!!!

One of the great pleasures that I have experienced is getting to watch you and that Anderson cat shoot/game stages over the last couple of years. You guys exude motivation and confidence.

Making GM is a grand accomplishment, making it with class is even better.

We are all better because you guys are humble and helpful to all.

My hat is off, even if all that hair falls out from underneath!!!

Looking forward to celebrating with a cold one next time...