Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wich mags for 9mm Trojan...

trp

It came with a Wilson and it works fine but I'm not sure if it was modified or not, I've read about them bottoming out on the ejector? Any body have that problem or should I just get the tripps like all my other 45s?

From what I have read, the Tripp Cobramag is good (I like them in my Colt and S.A.) but you need to tell Virgil that you are buying for a Trojan.

I don't know if it is magazine catch or ejector location but there is something a little odd about the Trojan.

(Broke the ejector in my Colt 1991A1 9mm for that matter, but it wasn't just a Cobramag effect. Several brands would let the top round hit the long long ejector on the way up. I replaced it with a .38 Super ejector which works fine even though the Internet Experts say it should not be as reliable with the short 9mm cases.)

I ran the Wilson's and wished I'd gone with trip or Dawson.

The Wilson's worked well but they were so tight fully loaded that reloads where tougher than they needed to be. Once I switched to a short ejector I stopped having as much issue but something I wished I'd know about before I bought 7 of them....

I have Tripps for my 9mm Trojan (from Harrison, not Trojan specific) and love them. They feel well made and solid. The gun has worked perfectly with them and round nose bullets (several thousand rounds). I can't seem to get the gun to feed hollow/flat point bullets from any of the full mags I have tried including Tripp. I also like my Tripp .40 mags for my .40 STI USPSA which seem to feed 9mm's fine into my Trojan when I want more 9mm mags. I did need to tweak the edge of all my Tripp mags to insert easily past the mag catch.

Greg

I have Tripps for my 9mm Trojan (from Harrison, not Trojan specific) and love them. They feel well made and solid. The gun has worked perfectly with them and round nose bullets (several thousand rounds). I can't seem to get the gun to feed hollow/flat point bullets from any of the full mags I have tried including Tripp. I also like my Tripp .40 mags for my .40 STI USPSA which seem to feed 9mm's fine into my Trojan when I want more 9mm mags. I did need to tweak the edge of all my Tripp mags to insert easily past the mag catch.

Greg

You had to trim the ones for the 9 or 40??

I haven't trimmed anything. It seems like the base pad stops the mag on the front strap as the mag contacts the ejector. I have bent the front right corner of the mag so it slides past the mag catch better on them all.

Greg

You had to trim the ones for the 9 or 40??

• 2 weeks later...