Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SUREFIRE TEXAS MULTIGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is LaRue still a sponsor, just not the lead one?

And will there still be sausages? :cheers:

Not a sponsor I believe. Don't know if there will be BBQ. The Larue BBQ trailer most likely will not be there.

I'm out:(

What do you mean you're out? Cause there isn't gonna be BBQ? Remember there were donuts also, and a BBQ place every 100yards in town.

My weight loss stopped after the Larue match thanks to that awsome Texas BBQ. Actually its my fault but still good food.

Pat

I am sure it will be a great match with lots of good sponsors. Anyone know if there is another major match the weekend before or after. Might try to hit two matches on one trip.

Pat

Uspsa MG nationals might be...not official yet. Chuck might know by now.

Can't wait! Going to be in Texas about every 3 months next year!

You should just move here Glen.. :)

I'm still in as an R.O. and so is Mini ME,, ( aka luke!)

Ya Glen you can move to Texas,, we can put in a Good word for you and get you your Texas green card!!

Can't wait! Going to be in Texas about every 3 months next year!

You should just move here Glen.. :)

I'm still in as an R.O. and so is Mini ME,, ( aka luke!)

Ya Glen you can move to Texas,, we can put in a Good word for you and get you your Texas green card!!

Jim will need some more help on his stage, so add me in to RO with him and Luke.

And Glen, I'll even find you a Texas Passport!

• 2 weeks later...

LoL thanks :)

Will this shoot be the same type of format as last years? I really enjoyed it. Sheldon, don't forget to send us sponsor packages out. We are getting hit up for next year already

See some of you in October..

I wouldn't mind a format change. Don't really see reason for full days. Half day would be nicer. 12 hrs is a long time. Spending 4 or 5 hrs watching another squad shoot is really boring.

Personally I want to shoot. Half days does not sound like fun. I want as many stage as possible. I am traveling across the country and paying over $1000 by the time the trip is over so I want to get as much trigger time as possible. Last year was perfect with 2 full days and then 1 half day.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I wouldn't mind a format change. Don't really see reason for full days. Half day would be nicer. 12 hrs is a long time. Spending 4 or 5 hrs watching another squad shoot is really boring.

Personally I want to shoot. Half days does not sound like fun. I want as many stage as possible. I am traveling across the country and paying over $1000 by the time the trip is over so I want to get as much trigger time as possible. Last year was perfect with 2 full days and then 1 half day.

Pat

Pat - Same amount of shooting either way, just the downtime is changed. This year was shoot one/watch one, etc. Mike's suggestion is shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-watch-watch-watch-watch. Or shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-go back to hotel and get out of the sun (or sleep really late and shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot depending on which schedule you get).

The current format allows more time to prep, hydrate, eat, and game between stages. Mike's format allows more tourist time, which is good for matches at destinations like Las Vegas where you could use half-days to see the sights, so it is also better for non-shooting family members. Not sure Liberty Hill qualifies as a vacation destination ( :eatdrink: ) but as I get older I understand the get-out-of-the-sun thing.

Does not hurt to talk about it. Comes up on this forum periodically.

I wanted more sun on the second morning as I only brought shorts and no jacket! I would prefer to keep the same format but sell fewer slots so the waiting period is shorter. I think there was about 100 shooters too many at last years Tx Multi gun.

Pat

Pat - Same amount of shooting either way, just the downtime is changed. This year was shoot one/watch one, etc. Mike's suggestion is shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-watch-watch-watch-watch. Or shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-go back to hotel and get out of the sun (or sleep really late and shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot depending on which schedule you get).

The current format allows more time to prep, hydrate, eat, and game between stages. Mike's format allows more tourist time, which is good for matches at destinations like Las Vegas where you could use half-days to see the sights, so it is also better for non-shooting family members. Not sure Liberty Hill qualifies as a vacation destination ( :eatdrink: ) but as I get older I understand the get-out-of-the-sun thing.

Does not hurt to talk about it. Comes up on this forum periodically.

Pat you still get same shooting in. You just get stuck out there for 10 hours. I just get too bored sitting around. You are not allowed to get your vehicle close to the range so you are stuck sitting in the sun/wind all day. I want to be able to shoot and when I am done get out and relax. Rotating day to early start/ late start would be nice.

I really like the half day format. Same amount of shooting just less waiting. Go and shoot your 4 stages until lunch then do whatever. Visit with vendors, side matches, watch a few competitors shoot the stages you have the next day, or shower up and head into Austin for a night out. Sleep off your hangover a little the next morning and shoot at noon. Obviously vary that up a little depending on when you get morning or evening slots. It seems more like a vacation than grinding it out for 10 hours a day at the range in wind and dust for 3 days straight.

So I watched 3GN yesterday. Is that pretty much the standard courses for the Texas MG? Looked like a lot of straight across pistol arrays, and fairly short stages. I'm assuming there must be some LR stuff with the rifle. Just curious if they only showed the shortest stages because they show better on TV or if it was actually a representative sample.