Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you like the new locations?

Flex - question - can someone who is an RO or works the match participate in it? I plan on shooting Production nats next year - being less than 4 hours away I would also work - or do they typically not let staff shoot?

Might take a look at a calendar for the SS/Revo dates. SS Nats are Wed-Fri, Revo on Sat. PASA had a prior conflict and needed to have the dates that way. Just an FYI.

Wait? SS nationals wed-fri then revo on sat? That will keep ALOT of people from going to SS nats.

I agree. I've only shot the match the last 3 years, but I've always shot it on Saturday. If you want to add revolver, why do they get the prime time slot?

Why not just make it the SS/Revo nationals. Sign up for whatever division on whatever day works for you. If the match isn't sold out 90 days out, then let people re-enter in the other division.

Why do they get the prime slot........god for bid revo gets something awsome for once. I think its great there will be a stand alone nationals for revo its a growing division that isnt promoted that everyone poo poos.I hope this is a chance for one of the funnest divisions to grow I hope to make it next year.

The original plan was to run the SS Nats in the normal schedule with the Revo Nats to follow on Sunday. PASA has an event starting the next week and needed the range back on Sunday. Hopefully for 2014 if it works out next year we can get the schedule back to normal.

Hello: I am not sure if Limited 10 will survive being at the same time as the Limited nationals ...

I think that is going to be a back-to-back Nationals. With Open/Limited-10 and Limited being the 2 matches.

I wouldn't guarantee that. As of the meeting Phil hadn't determined the breakdown. Or if it was going to be a combined division match. At least that's what I remember. He was talking a combined 800 person match.

The original plan was to run the SS Nats in the normal schedule with the Revo Nats to follow on Sunday. PASA has an event starting the next week and needed the range back on Sunday. Hopefully for 2014 if it works out next year we can get the schedule back to normal.

You would think PASA could be a little flexible, as much benefit as that range has derived from USPSA over the years.

On the other hand, the Single Stack match is already well established and pretty much fills up every year. If a one-time scheduling change helps to jump-start Revolver Nationals as a dedicated championship match, that's an entirely good thing!

Yeah, that's kind of silly. They should have put Revolver on Wednesday.

Regardless, I'll be shooting both! I enjoy shooting revolver, haven't done it in years. It will be good to blow the cobwebs out of the 625. I have a reason to use those Federal Primers I hoarded years ago.

I think the plan is nice. Sounds like whoever thought this up is planning on accommodating MANY more shooters across all divisions at Nats. I like the sound of that, since I probably won't get to attend this year. Wait, aren't I supposed to be mad since they moved it further away? :roflol:

The "old" way is like having NASCAR, top fuel, and Indy all on the same track at the same time. Change is good.

Hello: I am not sure if Limited 10 will survive being at the same time as the Limited nationals ...

I think that is going to be a back-to-back Nationals. With Open/Limited-10 and Limited being the 2 matches.

I wouldn't guarantee that. As of the meeting Phil hadn't determined the breakdown. Or if it was going to be a combined division match. At least that's what I remember. He was talking a combined 800 person match.

Oh Yeah :cheers:

Looking forward to it :D

800? We are going to have to do something about the line for Buffalo Burgers ;)

Is it Phil's plan to show case one Division every year(Production being the first) or he's doing this because Production can stand alone and fill up a match since it is so strong right now. Flex and Chuck?

Rich

I have the same question as Brandon, If you work Nats can you also shoot it. I have this awesome brand new S&W M&P Pro 40 I'd like to shoot and would be willing to come work also.

http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/VolunteerReq2012Natnls_distributed.pdf

Item 5 tells you how it will work at the Back-to-Back Nats.

http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/MG_VolunteerReq2012Natnls.pdf

Item 5 on this one tells you how it worked this year at the Multi-Gun Nats.

I'd guess they'd do something like with the MG Nats.