Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skyfall

Jman

IMAX to boot! wow...

The Blu-ray transfer should be incredible when it is released.

Craig's 007 has turned the franchise around.

Looking forward to all of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll never see a Bond movie as long as Daniel Craig is involved.

Edited for political content.

3quartertime

BE.com staff

I did some searching and can't seem to find anything too negative on the guy. He plays the part pretty well I think.

• 2 months later...

Bring back the gadgets.

"Were you expecting an exploding pen?" Q teases Bond. "We don't really go in for that sort of thing anymore."

Its odd that he says anymore as these new bond films started right after he left the SAS and went to MI6 so in this bond universe he never really would have used gadgets...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I liked how they paid homage to the past (car). Now I know what "Q" means. Still not sure what "M" means.

I read somewhere that Ian Fleming selected "M" as the title for the Chief of MI6 in his books because in real life the one of the original chiefs of MI6 was referrred to as "C" which was short for his last name of "Mansfield-Cummings", not not "Chief".

However, in the first Daniel Craig 007 movie there is a scene when he is in Judy Dench's appartment and made a reference to "M" being short for her first name -to which she cuts him off before he can say the name by threatening to have him shot...

I recently saw From Russia With Love on Netflicks, and early on in the movie there is a scene in M's office where they refer to Desmond Llewellyn as "Quartermaster". Come to think of it, in one of the Pierce Brosnan 007 movies he refers to the John Cleese version of "Q" as "Quartermaster".

OK, I guess I've seen a few 007 movies... One thing I like about the Craig 007 movies is that he actually bleeds. In the old Roger Moore movies, I think maybe he got his hair mussed up once.

• 2 weeks later...