Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip tape for Glock, what's best

Blue Jacket

I just went into my local skate shop today and asked for some scraps. Guy handed me an 8X11" sheet and said come back anytime. There's plenty left after both sides of the grip on my STI, and a couple strips under the slide. At that price I don't mind replacing them yearly or more if they get slick.

I've been using TruGrip for years, just ordered some Talon's to try out as they looked interesting.

I have TalonGrips on my G17. I just tested out TruGrips on my G34 and they provide much more coverage. This is good. I think I might change my G17 to Trugrips now. I still use the TalonGrip Rubberized texture on my carry guns though. The sandpaper style grips are just too rough on my skin.

I've been using TruGrip for years, just ordered some Talon's to try out as they looked interesting.

I have TalonGrips on my G17. I just tested out TruGrips on my G34 and they provide much more coverage. This is good. I think I might change my G17 to Trugrips now. I still use the TalonGrip Rubberized texture on my carry guns though. The sandpaper style grips are just too rough on my skin.

Exactly what I found with them - the coverage area is much less than I have grown used to with TruGrips, so I will be sticking with my old standby TruGrips.

The winkles in a stiffer tape can be eliminated by applying it with a heat gun. I use gentle heat on the tape while setting it in place on the grip.

The tape becomes extremely plyable and I use a small dowel to apply to curved areas. Never had a problem with wrinkles since.

I've heard his delivery is not exactly speedy. Would it be better to buy through Manny?

Old info, from what I see. ordered, confirmation email, trugrips a few days later. Of course that was about 6-8 months ago. Gorilla Grips at CPWSA is very similar.

I've heard his delivery is not exactly speedy. Would it be better to buy through Manny?

Eric shipped mine out the same day with a tracking number. I got them in 2 days. I ordered probably 2 months ago. Great service.

Is the TruGrip tape or any of the others legal for production division? I looked at the USPSA rules, but couldn't find an answer regarding grip tape.

Thanks

Yes, as long as the tape is only applied within the outlined area:

stippling.jpg

IIRC, the photo is from the USPS rulebook.

Is the TruGrip tape or any of the others legal for production division? I looked at the USPSA rules, but couldn't find an answer regarding grip tape.

Thanks

Yes, as long as the tape is only applied within the outlined area:

stippling.jpg

IIRC, the photo is from the USPS rulebook.

Thanks, I couldn't seem to find that and I looked for a while.