Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Galaxy SIII 4G LTE anybody?

I'm looking for a new phone. I have Sprint as a carrier and went back and forth between the Evo 4G LTE and the Samsung SIII. I decided against the EVO due to it being a sealed battery like the Iphone and thats a deal breaker for me. I always buy an extended 3500+ MAh battery or so, so thats a no go, and I hate those battery cases. I'm really liking the Galaxy series but haven't owned a samsung phone in a long time and wondered if anyone here already has one and how you're liking it. I saw it has a factory 2100 MAh battery, and its doing really well with super AMOLED screen, and a whole gob of features. Anything would help.

My son has one, had a chance to play with it. Nice screen, fast and responsive, a touch large but not overly so.

Bootloader is locked by Verizon so you can't flash custom rom's very easily. Techno-wiz's are working on that. From what I understand, other carriers did not lock it, so there is a lot of work with custom ROM's for it on those carriers. That is if you are into that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In addition to the removable battery, the SIII also has an additional GB of ram and SD card support up to 64GB. You can't go wrong with either but I would choose the Samsung. I work for Best Buy Mobile and mess with these phones all day and the S3 still has features I haven't played with yet.

I have had a Gal SIII for about 3 weeks now. I love it. Battery life is good, run all day with WiFi on, and by bedtime, I plug it in to recharge, and it is at 64%.

Only issue I found is also with WiFi. I have several WiFi networks configured, Home, work, etc. But when I leave the house and go to work, it will not auto connect to work, I have to turn WiFi off, and then back on, and then it will autoconnect to the work network. Same goes at home. Off then On, and then it connects. Minor pain, but ......

It is better in many respects than my last phone, a Droid.

I could not find a decent ringtone resident on it, but downloaded one easy enough.

Mark K

I got a US Cellular SIII a few weeks ago and like it. It seems fast. I like the screen. I think it is the perfect size or me. Great "all day" battery life. I like the replaceable battery and memory card slot. The "GPS" picks up a location within a few seconds which is great. Signal quality is similar and maybe slightly worse then my original Galaxy and not as good as most Motorola phones from what I hear. The build quality seems OK but it does have a slightly cheap feel being light and is a little squeaky when you flex it. I'm only in a 3g area so I can't comment on 4g speed. I like the voice features of android 4.0 compared to 2.3 which I was using and am looking foreword to upgrading to 4.1 when it becomes available from my carrier for an even slicker voice interface.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I compared my Galaxy 3 with my friends Galaxy 4 and to tell you the truth, there's not much difference. Galaxy 4 has a teency weency bigger screen and "better" camera but that's about it.