Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou bullets

Grumpy's Toy

I emailed Donnie yesterday to get an ETA on my order so I could start budgeting for the order when it is ready... he replied "At the rate I am going you can start picking up aluminum cans from the roadside to fund the bullets :-)" haha. So while not a true indicator of a timeline, I think it is safe to say he is still back ordered. He did go on to say that he is adding equipment to the shop to double production soon. So hopefully he is back up to speed soon!

:)

I should have mine in about 8 more weeks. Donnie seems to be a super guy and has a good sense of humor. I ordered well ahead of running out so I'm okay for the short term. Lots of folks must like his bullets or he would not be so far behind.

I ordered 11,000 rds from him. I received 9000 of them yesterday. I hope to have the rest some time this next week. I was originally told about an 8 week wait, but it took about 10 weeks to get it. Going to have to place another order soon.

I got 1000 .38RN and 1000 .45 SWC in less than five weeks recently. I was actually expecting a longer wait.

They are a little different color green and a little slipperier feeling, I hope the alligators aren't sick. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke with Donnie today, still a bit behind but the good news is that he is setting up 2 new ovens (bakes the coating on the bullets). So his output should double in the next week or two.

• 1 month later...

He showed a guy in Baton Rouge how to make the bullets. So I think there will be another source soon

I don't understand, why would a guy undercut his own business?

The other guy pays a royalty?

could be Pete, maybe the other guy is working, kinda, sorta, for Donny. Contracting out some work maybe