Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Multi Gun Championship

Short answer is yes, only 9 rounds loaded at any time. 8 in the tube and one in the chamber.

Busyhawk

Short answer is NO. You can only have 8 in the tube and 1 in the chamber in non open divisions. The new yet to be approved 2013 rules will do away with this stupid rule.

Thanks Jesse - that's what I thought I got from Scott's post, but was still a bit confused. Just cut a new dowel rod "plug" for this match.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short answer is NO. You can only have 8 in the tube and 1 in the chamber in non open divisions. The new yet to be approved 2013 rules will do away with this stupid rule.

Why is it stupid for everyone to be limited to an 8 round tube?

So I can't have a 9 round tube and just put 8 rounds in it? What do I have to do, put a 1 round plug in my magazine so it will only hold 8? I have taken the DMW tube off of my Salient M2 and replaced it with a Nordic so I can add one after the buzzer. If this is the case I guess I will just put the DMW tube back on the shotgun for this match. It seems a bit silly but I will play by the rules.

You can never have enough shells in a gun during a gunfight.

This and everyone I know has at least a 9 round tube for all of the other outlaw shotgun matches. Thus the upcoming rule change by USPSA.

My M2 will hold 11 in the tube. Since my stubby fingers can only hold 3 shells at a time, it works well for me to load 3 at the buzzer and start shooting with 12. But for the next few matches I will attend using USPSA rules, I will just stick the 8 rd tube back on. <_<

Craig

Sorry for my confusing answer!

We as Staff shot 3 plus stages today until the sky opened up and dropped a flood down on us:(.

Some fun and fast stages with the staff working out some speed bumps. One of the prop rifles my not be used...we will figure that out tomorrow.

The new MGM flash targets are a welcomed sight!

Busyhawk

thats gonna make moving equipment from stage to stage very difficult for some of us since we ride together and share carts etc!

Go on USPSA and change your squad assignment. Looks like it all got messed up, but the squading is open again. Check your email and you probably got an email from Bruce, in this regard.

Finished yesterday, what a fun time and my hat off to the stage designers!

Main match starts in a few hours, shooters should get 7 stages shot today if all go's well. Thank God i have an easy stage to RO (stage 9)!

Ground dried up nice and with all the range work this place is a great venue.

Busyhawk

The weathers was about as good as we could ask for, lite rain last night/this morning. From the start of the shooting day we unbagged the targets and shot 7 squads through. Overcast and warm with low humidity and calm winds.

Thank you to all the shooters for thier hard work and keeping the stages running.

Great to see old friends and good shooting.

Busyhawk

Great match, as always! Nice new props , hope to see the limo used at one of the club matches in the future, I'll use heavier shot on the first popper next time :wacko: Thanks Debbie for a well run and fun match.

Fun match this weekend. It will stay on my calender for years to come. Thanks to all the RO's and sponsers that made the match happen and thanks to Bruce, Gayla, Debbie, and Joy for organizing and keeping things smooth running.

Great match with fun quick stages. Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all of the staff, ro's etc...however every year stage 10 is a bottleneck and I wish they would change that up a bit.

Still a great match though and we'll be back again next year for the 4th year in a row. Thanks Old Fort crew!

We had a great time this weekend!! Another big thank you to everyone involved with putting this match together; staff, sponsors, volunteers, and shooters. Y'all did a great job. It was fun, fast, smooth, and challenging.

We had an awesome squad!! You all made it fun and comfortable AND entertaining. Thank's.