Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Multi Gun Championship

I know you've been waiting for this post, and the dates for the Arkansas Section Multi Gun championship match are now set. Finally. You can now work around these dates to plan weddings, anniversaries, birth of your first born child, and other not-so-important events.

September 29 and 30, 2012. Old Fort Gun Club in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Entry form is, I hope, attached, with some details.

Ten exciting stages, with lots of gun mix, and of course some surprises. Debby Pankratz is again our Match Director, and she is working hard with the design staff to create a memorable match.

This match grows every year, with more interest from vendors for the Prize Table. We've had a couple more vendors who have heard about this match, and have contacted us with request to be a part of the program.

More details will be posted here as they become available, but it is time to put this match on you "Must Do" list.

Bruce

2012 Multigun entry form1.pdf

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are u using time plus scoring this year? Just trying to determine if I can sell my .40 yet.

Don't have a final decision, but I am ordering more hi cap mags for my 9mm. Deb will make the final call. We tried Time Plus for the first time at our last local Multi gun match, and it seemed to work well. No complaints, and the match went a lot faster. Our Local Stats Officer (my secretary, who scores local matches) liked it a lot. USPSA still has a couple of bugs to work out on the Time Plus MG scoring program, but they say they are working on it.

You might want to get the .40 cleaned into a "Like New" status, just in case.

Bruce

Yee haw!!! If it moved faster we can add a couple more speed shoot stages in the new cowboy town. The boys from Oklahoma said time plus made the match even faster and even more fun!!! I'm stilled I had to work.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Don't have a final decision, but I am ordering more hi cap mags for my 9mm. Deb will make the final call. We tried Time Plus for the first time at our last local Multi gun match, and it seemed to work well. No complaints, and the match went a lot faster. Our Local Stats Officer (my secretary, who scores local matches) liked it a lot. USPSA still has a couple of bugs to work out on the Time Plus MG scoring program, but they say they are working on it.

Bruce, the new version of EZWinscore has some tweaks and they have the software fixes complete as far as I know. We've been running USPSA Time-Plus for a while and the Noveske CO State Match uploaded to USPSA.org with no issues end of April. Be forewarned, there are 5 or 6 little rule tweaks that the BOD voted on that affect both PF and Time-Plus.

From last shot until we had scores was just a few minutes and a few veteran 3 Gunners said it was the fastest results posting they had ever seen at any major match anywhere. If you or your stats staff have any questions, feel free to drop me a note.

USPSA NROI won't allow a max time, or time-outs, so adjust the courses with that in mind and you will have no worries. 2013 that is "supposed" to change.

• 2 weeks later...

As of now I have a work conflict on Sunday. I'm hoping I can get out of it.

Available staff will start shooting on Thursday, assuming set up is complete. Friday is also set for staff to shoot the match. If you can't adjust your Sunday conflict, we will accommodate you to shoot part of the match with staff on Friday, then finish with a squad on Saturday, designate someone to go to the prize table for you on Sunday. If you are interested, email me at brucebethell@sbcglobal.net and we'll work out details.

Bruce

These stages are so fast and furious I bet you could get them all in Saturday if you had too.

Jesse,

Are you telling me that they will be faster stages than the LaRue/Texas Multigun? Bill and I showed up at 09:00, started shooting at 10:00, took an hour lunch and stopped at 18:00 and shot 10 of the 11 stages in one day. 10 stages shot in 7 hours with the RO's and that is with questions that we had to run answers down for and stapling up targets. Now that is a fast match!

Busyhawk

These stages are so fast and furious I bet you could get them all in Saturday if you had too.

Jesse,

Are you telling me that they will be faster stages than the LaRue/Texas Multigun? Bill and I showed up at 09:00, started shooting at 10:00, took an hour lunch and stopped at 18:00 and shot 10 of the 11 stages in one day. 10 stages shot in 7 hours with the RO's and that is with questions that we had to run answers down for and stapling up targets. Now that is a fast match!

Busyhawk

I'm not the mayor, but I've shot the Ark match for the past 3 (maybe 4) years. IIRC, most stages run around 30-60 seconds (some a little more, some a little less). It's mostly focused on speed, but they do have a 300yd bay where accuracy comes into play.

Deb Pankratz, our MD, has confirmed, TIME PLUS scoring for this match.

Some stages have to be adjusted, as Time Plus will not support fixed or par time. A stage on the 300 yard range originally had shooters using the coveted Derringer with flash targets at 300 yards, six seconds par time. Sorry, but that stage has to be changed. :)

Modifications are being made, but the stages all look real fun, and challenging. Nothing that would discourage the first time shooter, but also would provide some fun for the GM Folks.

More to come, as more comes to me.

Bruce BVD