Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Multi Gun Championship

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deb Pankratz, our MD, has confirmed, TIME PLUS scoring for this match.

Some stages have to be adjusted, as Time Plus will not support fixed or par time. Bruce BVD

I'm thinking the timer beeps at the par time, the shooter stops, the par time plus penalties is the TIME PLUS score for the stage. I don't think the score program knows, or cares, if it's par time, it just wants the stop time plus the penalties.

How would this match be for an amateur?

This was my first ever 3 gun match back in 2009.

Wow what a difference 3 years makes!!!

About the only good things about it was not getting DQ'd.

Jesse, you went from Zero to Hero in 3 years?

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll have to give this some thought.

Edited by Cheytac

Does that mean we can shoot minor with no penalty?

No more major/minor crap!!! :cheers:

Deb Pankratz, our MD, has confirmed, TIME PLUS scoring for this match.

Some stages have to be adjusted, as Time Plus will not support fixed or par time. Bruce BVD

I'm thinking the timer beeps at the par time, the shooter stops, the par time plus penalties is the TIME PLUS score for the stage. I don't think the score program knows, or cares, if it's par time, it just wants the stop time plus the penalties.

Par Times in 3 gun = NO FUN. Just set a max time and be done with it.

How would this match be for an amateur?

This was my first ever 3 gun match back in 2009.

Wow what a difference 3 years makes!!!

About the only good things about it was not getting DQ'd.

Jesse, you went from Zero to Hero in 3 years?

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll have to give this some thought.

Actually it only been 2 years 10 months at this point. I didn't even own an AR or pistol 4 years ago. This sport is wide open for some young whipper snapper to come in and crush Daniel Horner. He just needs the right financial support and a good range at his house.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

This sport is wide open for some young whipper snapper to come in and crush Daniel Horner. He just needs the right financial support and a good range at his house.

Some young whipper snapper without children!

I really want to do this match especially now that I won't get hammered scoring with my 9mm like last year. With Fallen Brethren so close, I'm not sure if I can pull it off as my 3 and 5 year olds start driving my wife crazy when I'm not around.

Edited by wideerhunter

Max time is the same thing as par time.

Not the same. Par time is the same time for everyone. Max time is the maximum time allowed to compete the course.

Par time is usually set where the clock starts and the shooter accumulates the most points they can before the par time is reached. Max time is the point at which the clock stops - penalties are then assessed for targets not engaged/misses.

Edited by prreed10

Max time is the same thing as par time.

Not the same. Par time is the same time for everyone. Max time is the maximum time allowed to compete the course.

Par time is usually set where the clock starts and the shooter accumulates the most points they can before the par time is reached. Max time is the point at which the clock stops - penalties are then assessed for targets not engaged/misses.

Yep. Par time = Nobody gets them all. Max Time = Only the Lucky gets them all.

The ad for this match is in the current (July/August) issue of Front Sight. Slight typo error in the ad. Competitors will shoot the match on September 29 and 30. The ad says staff will shoot on Oct. 28. In the process of revising last year's ad to this year, the month for staff shoot didn't get changed. Staff will actually start shooting on Thursday, September 27, and continue on Friday, September 28. Correction will be published in the next issue.

Just to clarify the "official" start of the match on September 27 (assuming set up is completed), a revised match entry form is attached.

Bruce

2012 Multigun entry form2.pdf

• 1 month later...

Stages for this match have been approved by the Section Coordinator, and forwarded to NROI for final approval. Round count looks like this: Handgun, 115; Rifle, 108, Birdshot (Please, 7 1/2 or smaller) 73, slugs, 8. Longest rifle shot will be 300 yards, the max our Range can handle. Sight in the shotgun, as you will see some slugs in the 50 to 80 yard range.

Our Club has a new website at www.oldfortgunclub.com, with more information.

Bruce

Stages for this match have been approved by the Section Coordinator, and forwarded to NROI for final approval. Round count looks like this: Handgun, 115; Rifle, 108, Birdshot (Please, 7 1/2 or smaller) 73, slugs, 8. Longest rifle shot will be 300 yards, the max our Range can handle. Sight in the shotgun, as you will see some slugs in the 50 to 80 yard range.

Our Club has a new website at www.oldfortgunclub.com, with more information.

Bruce

The new Website looks great! There is also a Facebook page for the club...

http://m.facebook.com/OldFortGunClub?id=440668879295110&_rdr

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have tone an USPSA member to shoot this? Are there any spots left?

I believe you have to be a USPSA member to shoot a level 2 uspsa match which this is. It easily worth the price of admission!

Yep - this match is the ONLY reason I maintain my USPSA membership. Though I really do NEED to get back into my old USPSA routine before my pistol skills totally dry up.

I really do NEED to get back into my old USPSA routine before my pistol skills totally dry up.

+1 +1

I don't think it's the match on Saturday, it's the serious pistol practice on Wednesday getting ready for the match on Saturday that makes the difference.

Stages are final and are posted at www.oldfortgunclub.com. Total round count is 323, and breaks down like this. Handgun, 115; rifle, 122; birdshot (please, 7 1/2 or smaller), 74; slugs, 12. Rifle will go out to 300 yards, shotgun slugs out to 75 or 80 yards. Scoring will be Time Plus.

Bruce

What is the closest major airport?

You can fly into Fort Smith (FSM) via Dallas on American then American Eagle to Fort Smith. Only other option to Fort Smith is Memphis then Fort Smith on Northwest. Dallas is probably a better connection. The match hotel is the Candlewood Inn and Suites, real close to the airport. However, they don't have ground transportation. We can arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport.

Nowthwest Arkansas (XNA) has a little better service. It is about an hour and a half or two hours from the Range. Tulsa (TUL) has good service, and it is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Fort Smith.

If you (or anyone else) wants to ship ammo rather than carry it on a plane, let me know. I'll get you my office address, and you are welcome to ship ammo to me.

FYI, slots are still available. We are a little over 60% capacity as of yesterday. Have not received the mail today.

One more note about any travel plans. We will make the 100 yard and 300 yard ranges available on Friday to sight in, so long as you work around the Staff shooting on Friday. There will also be a handgun function fire bay open on Friday and throughout the match.

Bruce

Just got my confirmation email, looking forward to it!

It'll be my first major 3 gun match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have a great time! These are a good bunch of people1 Have FUN!!! :cheers:

Jim M.