Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade Sights for Glock 34 within Production Class?

MisterC73

I know a lot depends on personal preference, but what are the most common/favorite upgraded sights for the G34? I keep reading that Green is the best color wavelength picked up by the human eye. Don't know how accurate that is, but if I don't find anything to the contrary, I'll be looking at that color variant.

Thanks for opinions in advance...

My preference is Dawson fixed rear in plain black, Dawson fiber optic front.

His height recommendations are right on for me and you can try red or green since the front comes with both colors of fiber. His "Happy Camper" policy of insuring you get the sights that work for you is the best.

Before you order, try to check out some different sights at the range or on your shooting buds pistols to see what widths you like for front and rear.:cheers:

I paint a plain serrated front sight with two coats of white nail polish and 2 or 3 coats of bright LIME GREEN nail polish. This way i have the whole front sight lite up instead of a little speck of red or green plastic. Top of front sight is easier and faster to align.

Edited by sweetback

Sevigny competition all black irons for me. I just changed the front to all black from the fiber optic and prefer the all black. The .215 front works on my 34 & 17. Good luck.

Thanks! Had read some great reviews on the Sevigny. Went to Dawson website, but it only lists Sevigny in the Glock category. Am I just pulling a DA and missing something? Also great heads up on the .215 front sight...that'll save me some time and money!

The 0.245 is recommended for glock long slides, not the 0.215

Recommend but not set in stone. I got the taller sight on mine and it shoots low. I switched to the 0.215 and it shoots where I want it. So I stay try the .245 and see but be prepared if you have to go with a shorter front.

I tried the warren/dawson combo (.100 FO front) but the rear notch is just too large for my tastes, at the longer distances I slow down to center front sight. The best combination for me is the heinie rear (not slant pro) and dawson .215 fo front.

Warren Tactical Sevigny Competition Sights, I'm also a total convert to the black serrated over the FO fronts.

FWIW, think what height you choose depends on what kind of POA/POI you're looking for: the .215" hits right at the tip-top of the blade at about 7-10 yards, a 2-6" (depending on load) sort of "six o'clock" hold at 25. The .245" is more of a "hold over" at 7-10 and right at the the top of the blade at 25. Speaking on G17's and 34's.

Personally, I dig the .215", as it allows an easy "lollipop" on 6" steel out to 25 yards, and I don't understand how guys have the patience to almost cover up the A/0-zone on targets out at those distances anyways...

I prefer Warren Tactical Sevigny competition non-serrated rear sight with Dawson FO Front. Run that setup on my G34 and 35 for a year now.

Edited by KTKlaus

I run the "rabbit ear" plain black rear and FO Warren/Sevigny sights on my G34/35's. I use the .215 on the 35's, and the .245 on the 34's, to get me POI right over the FS for each at 15 yds.

I pick up the green FO much better than the red.

Edited by kevin c

I'm not sure I understand the benefit of the 0.215 FS. (on the G34)

If I am reading correctly, this gives a POI=POA at roughly 7 yards, whereas the 0.245" gives a POI=POA at roughly 20y.

But with the small FS, you'll be shooting 4-6" high at 25y and with the taller FS, you be shooting what, like 1" low at 7y?

I might be overthinking it, but I'll take a 1" difference at 7y over a 6" diff at 20-25y anyday.

Is anyone actually aiming at targets 7y away? Its almost point shooting isnt it?

Edited by Onagoth