Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mods for Glock 34 for USPSA Production and IDPA SSP

AznDragon533

Hello, im in the process of upgrading my Glock 34 for some USPSA Production and IDPA SSP. Please let me know if this looks fine to you. comments, suggestions, do i need anything else?

-Glock 34

ZEV Tech Standard Trigger

ZT V2 Race Connector

ZT reduced power

ZT standard power striker spring

ZT Trigger Spring

ZT Titanium Firing Pin Safety

ZT Reduced Power Firing Pin Safety Spring

ISMI Recoil Spring 13 lbs

ZEV Tech Stainless Steel Guide rod

Pearce glock grip frame insert

Arredondo Glock +5/6 extension Basepad

Warren Tactical Series-Sevigny Competition Sights - fiber optic front

Comp-tac Holster and mag pouches

Edited by AznDragon533

I recently just acquired a lot of those parts you have listed. I didn't go with the SS guide rod so that I could still shoot in SSP in IDPA.

The basepads I have on separate mags that I use for 3 gun.

Hello, im in the process of upgrading my Glock 34 for some USPSA Production and IDPA SSP. Please let me know if this looks fine to you. comments, suggestions, do i need anything else?

-Glock 34

ZT V2 Race Connector

ZT reduced power

ZT Trigger Spring

I run my Glocks with some grip tape (usually), better sights, and the 25 cent trigger job.

Like Kyle said, most of the stuff is unnecessary, but I can appreciate one wanting to improve their equipment!

I would personally do the 25-Cent Trigger Job myself (You get the pride of knowing that it's YOURS).

I like the 13# spring and stainless guiderod, although I prefer tungsten rods. Subjectively, my gun feels a lot better with it, but I am running 129 power factor handloads. You can always re-insert the stock polymer guiderod when shooting IDPA or international IPSC competitions.

The Sevigny Sights and holster that you've selected a wise choices also, along with the Pearce plug.

Is stippling the grip still illegal for Production?

Legal in USPSA but illegal in IDPA. Use can grip tape in both just on grip area only, not on slide.

You also cannot put it any where else on the frame. You can't stipple or put grip tape underneath the trigger guard for example. Just to double check look up the latest version of the USPSA rule book. In the appendix in the back there should be a diagram on where you can stipple or put tape one.

-Glock 34

ZT V2 Race Connector

ZT reduced power

ZT Trigger Spring

I run my Glocks with some grip tape (usually), better sights, and the 25 cent trigger job.

Which proves that it's NOT the gun!

Question: What are the benefits of a lightweight striker?

The benefits of a lightened striker are three fold. Better (lighter) trigger feel/faster lock time (debateable)and most important extended TIP to fire hard primers.BUT all lighter strikers do not have extended TIPS. Two that come to mind are LIGHTNING STRIKE and LONE WOLF. They are light but the tips are no longer than OEM. The reason LONE WOLF gives is they might cause PIERCED primers. LIGHTNING STRIKE i don't know there reason. It seems that the JAGER/ZEV strikers with EXTENDED TIPS don't seem to have this problem PIERCING primers. So if you purchase a lightened striker with OEM length tip and still get light hits on hard CCI/WOLFF/TULA primers you may need to get the other ones that have a longer tip.

Edited by sweetback

• 3 months later...

-Glock 34

ZT V2 Race Connector

ZT reduced power

ZT Trigger Spring

Hola, just checking in to see what mods you did and if you're happy with everything? I ordered a Glock 34 yesterday, which will be my IDPA/USPSA gun, so curious to see what the "best" mods are....

Thanks, Dave in RI

• 2 weeks later...

use Federal primers if you are worried about light strikes. I started using them and they are 100%

I had a reduced power firing pin spring in my 34, shot hundreds of rounds of Federals through it with no problems. I tried some Winchester White Box in it (during a match of course) and couldn't get through 5 rounds without a failure to fire. The slightly improved trigger pull isn't worth living right on the edge to me, I'm switching back to stock weight just to be safe.