Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tennessee Section Match

Thanks Lance, Linda, and all the match RO's!

Great match, excellent stages, and nice, friendly people. In spite of the rain :angry: , my squad had an enjoyable match. Very fortunate that the range drains water real well! :D

We shot stage 10 on Saturday and were disapointed to have it thrown out due to safety and scheduling problems, it was the most interesting and fun stage I've ever had the pleasure to shoot! Lance's promise to bring back a similiar stage next year is sure to get shooters to return. Try to imagine running through the woods, ducking limbs, jumping over logs, crossing a bridge and shooting at targets in creeks, behind trees, outhouses, log piles and deadfalls. Saving the best for last was the down the mountain slider that zipped down when activated only to jump half way back up the hill before fully hiding from view making it a shoot (and pray) :P target.

Thanks again, hope to be back next year.

Ditto what Jim said. Great match, great prize table, great RO's and staff, great stages, awesome range................... crappy weather.

Hopefully Lance and crew can straighten that out next :) year because I will most certainly be there.

Great hosts, prize table,stages,ROs,Trees over the road,Long Range Standards in the almost all day rain,Locking my keys in the truck just minutes before shooting my last stage.I will be back next year for sure. :wacko:

Had a great time there as well. If I could just get those 4 Mikes back :wacko::wacko: I'd be alot happier. Met alot of nice guys. Nice to meet Chris P, Roger K, and fun shooting with Randee, Dundee and rest of the guys...

Cya Next Year,

TGun

These guys and gals are a class act. They set the example on match flow, design, and what a great prize table, every year. Their RO's are the best anywhere. This may be the best things any Kentucky Wildcat ever said about a Tennessee Volunteer, but I mean them. Hospitality like no other club in the country. Thanks NTPS for another great year. Wish I could say the same for my scores, but still smiling. Oh, I guess the rain deserves mention, I saw some four wheeling, a stuck government vehicle, and some nasty gear, but not once was there an attempted mudwrestling.

Have to say it was one of the best matches I have ever been to. Great bunch of RO's. And I mean great. Imagine shooting until 6pm the night before and resetting your targets in a downpour the next AM. Then do it again on Sunday. Great bunch of folks.

I was squadded with Lynn and he didn't tell me until it was too late! It was great to see Mr. Jones (thankfully he kept his knives pocketed :P ) and meet and talk with Sterling and Tommy. I shot Friday so I can't blame the weather for my poor scores, better think of something else...

Thanks to Lance, Berry and all the RO's and crew at NTPS.

p. s.  there is a steel plate behind the pepper popper :D  :ph34r:

NOW you tell me . . .

Yeah no kidding. Me and you and you and about 40 other people.

It was a fun match, fun squad. Congratz to Greg Wilson for his first major win in Production. He shot clean and consistent, and the rest of us, well.... didn't. I don't feel too bad, we sucked together as a squad. But we had a good time.

For me, the match was over after the first 2 stages. Zeroed the classifier (down 120 points), had a death jam due to a bad magazine spring on the next stage which was a big field course that I probably would have won (down another 60). Wasn't too much hope after that. Can't really recover after going down 180 points or so and still having 7 more stages to shoot.

I'll blame it on the rain.

What steel plate???? Oh that's why I had a miss on that stage

This was one of the best matches I have shot. It was 250+ rounds and 10 stages. That's a major match by any definition. The stage thrown out was really wild. Weather was a challenge but all had to endure. The bugs freaked me out. VERY BIG European Hornets and Red Wasps were very large by my Midwest standards. Snakes I guess are even larger but we encountered none so no snake dispatching was required. Shot with new friends and bumped into old ones. DVC

Next year I'll bring my scuba gear. Maybe I'll be able to see that plate behind the popper. :lol:

Great match with great RO's. No one griping about anything but the pasters. But you can't blame them, they weren't designed for amphibious duty!!!!

I'll be back next year. I still want to run through the woods shooting targets :D

dj

Next year I'll bring my scuba gear. Maybe I'll be able to see that plate behind the popper. :lol:

Great match with great RO's. No one griping about anything but the pasters. But you can't blame them, they weren't designed for amphibious duty!!!!

I'll be back next year. I still want to run through the woods shooting targets :D

dj

dude, don;t jinx it for next year I have had enough rain for this match. I was soaking wet helping out in stage 4.