Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters for idpa

Destry34

I use G-Code: http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/GCODEGXS/G-CODE-GXS-Xtreme-Service-Holster.html

They're cheaper than Comp-Tac, and unlike Comp-Tac, they not only work for the Gen 4 G35/G34 but also have them in stock (vs a 3 month wait).

No offense to Comp-Tac. I wanted to try it but didn't want to wait another few months.

I love my Comp-Tac Holsters. They are well made, and the turn around is quick. Also, the kydex is THICK, not flimsy like some of the others I have tried. I use the belt holsters in USPSA, and the paddle holsters for IDPA.

A lot of guys in the Southeast have started using Master Tac. I know Bill personally, and he makes great stuff.

I have a mix of Ready Tac, Master Tac, Bladetech, and Fobus and several for the same gun. They all work well (as long as specific for the gun) though all are a bit different and with their own strong points. The best one for you depends on what is important. Ready Tac and Master Tac differ in the way the belt loops and/or paddle is formed. Master Tac can also be had in many different colors and can be adapted to work on Bladetech belt mounts. Mater Tac is also willing and able to build it highly custom, just tell Bill what you want. Bladetech are very good and very strong but will be a bit heavier and more expensive. Fobus frequently makes multi-gun holsters, i.e. designed to fit several different guns and sometimes none very well but truly model specific holsters work well.

Bottom line is I’d recommend Master Tac, you can get what you want the way you want it. I also know Bill and he is a pleasure to work with.

Had a Serpa holster, but got rid of it for Comp-Tac for my M&P pro. Got the competition kit with mag holder. Great setup. Traded guns at the last match and shot a g34 out of a bladetech. Couldn't tell a difference in the draw. Seemed like a good setup to.

Nobody using Safariland ALS who shoots IDPA?

I've never seen one. Why use a holster with a locking system for competition unless it is your duty holster and you are using your duty rig?

I've been using Ready Tactical gear for 8 years. I still have the first G34 holster that I bought in '04. Got my 1911 rig not long after that. Can't beat it.

I do have a orange set that I got from MasterTac so that I could have Auburn gear. He makes good stuff also.

• 3 weeks later...