Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon's primer early warning buzzer .

Youngeyes

I love Dillon. That being said, I finally have had it with that annoying buzzer on the primer warning setup. I not only removed it, I REMOVED it with extreme prejudice. Maybe Dillon could make one with a chime or recording of a sultry voice sweetly saying,"time to add primers lover." That buzzer was causing me to develope a tic. :angry:

I find it annoying too, but I got used to it. What I ended up selling is the powder check on station 3 that beeps everytime. To me, it just annoys the hell out of me. I can visually check each case so I am okay. for the primer check, its my on button, train my reflex :roflol: but it does help alot that my primers are low especially on high speed cranking. How will you manage your primers now that you removed it?

Do you leave the rod in, so that it buzzes until you are completely out of primers? I just take mine out when it first chirps at me. I have also cut my primer rods so that when it buzzes, I shut the case feeder down and the primers and cases run out at the same time.

I just removed the buzzer portion and use the rod alone you can easily see when you only have a few left

This works for me, as well.

eta (for forum compliance): since I too, hate the buzzer.

Edited by kevin c

Do you leave the rod in, so that it buzzes until you are completely out of primers? I just take mine out when it first chirps at me. I have also cut my primer rods so that when it buzzes, I shut the case feeder down and the primers and cases run out at the same time.

Good idea: What length do you cut it to?

Maybe this can go to the Dillon forum rather than close.

S

I developed an idea, though strange. What I do when the buzzer goes off, I stop and put more primers in. Which in turn stops the buzzing. This is just my opinion, and may not work for all.

Good idea: What length do you cut it to?

Maybe this can go to the Dillon forum rather than close.

S

I think I may have put the info into the 650 Tricks and Tips thread. I will look for it there as I am too lazy to walk out to the shop and measure the rod. :rolleyes:

Edit to add thread link: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112053&st=0&p=1277593&hl=sirveyr&fromsearch=1entry1277593

Edited by sirveyr