Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Demonstration of the Shotgun Quad Load

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not sure who actually came up with this method, or what kind of shell holders he used, but we think it was a guy from Finland.

True. :)

We had SG match last weeked. He started with his normal SG on 100 points stage (the biggest one) which hold 19% of match points.

Broke his firing pin on gun and got zero points on that stage.

He borrowed some basic Russian Baikal which he had never shot and still ended 3rd place on the match! :D

Shell holders are home made and he loads with strong hand.

Ps. Mark I will need couple of those Twins loading caddies. ;)

We are not sure who actually came up with this method, or what kind of shell holders he used, but we think it was a guy from Finland.

True. :)

We had SG match last weeked. He started with his normal SG on 100 points stage (the biggest one) which hold 19% of match points.

Broke his firing pin on gun and got zero points on that stage.

He borrowed some basic Russian Baikal which he had never shot and still ended 3rd place on the match! :D

Shell holders are home made and he loads with strong hand.

Ps. Mark I will need couple of those Twins loading caddies. ;)

Just drop me a note on PM or e-mail and we'll get you the oversea ordering info.

Thanks!

Edited by MarkCO

Bryan, 5 is NOT obsolete by any measure.

Obsolete was a bit harsh. But, I love the evolution our sport has experienced in just the last few years I've been shooting.

Jeff Cramblit was still rockin' with the arm band over the weekend though. I think it just proves toolbox theory- have the tools, and know when to use them.

Just drop me a note on PM or e-mail and we'll get you the oversea ordering info.

Thanks!

Thanks Mark I will do that. :)

Our 4 load guy just did following.

Option 3 start gun totally empty and start position normal standing stock touching body at hip level.

From start signal Load 8 rounds and shoot 8 poppers down 5.87 sec.

First popper down at 3.67 sec.

Ps. He can do those 4 loads on run also. (not that fast of course) ;)

Thanks!

Thanks Mark I will do that. :)

Our 4 load guy just did following.

Option 3 start gun totally empty and start position normal standing stock touching body at hip level.

From start signal Load 8 rounds and shoot 8 poppers down 5.87 sec.

First popper down at 3.67 sec.

Ps. He can do those 4 loads on run also. (not that fast of course) ;)

Any videos of him doing the reloads?

Will anything other than the FSL allow grabbing 4 at a time? Can the molle mouts be put close enough together for a quad grab?

Kurt Miller, Keith Garcia and others grab 4 at a time and keep up okay! :cheers:

You "can" double grab taking two stacks from two sets of clips, but the fumble factor goes up. When you put two sets of clips right next to each other, again, a pretty high fumble factor.

I hit my Mile stone today on my Third try after a worming up on the first two.

For me this is fast 4.92 hit to hit loading 8 using the FSL grabbing 4 at a time.

Run 1 was 5.62 & 5.58, and thin I nailed a good one under 5 seconds. ( 4.92 - 0.22 reaction time for the first shot= 4.70 load and hit the steel.

After my training set=back last week I was happy to have something go rite for me.

JF

I thing grabbing two at a time is still the smart money though

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 3 weeks later...

I really thought this was a joke, until I tried it :surprise: . It actually worked pretty darn well. I've only owned a shotgun for a week or two, but after a few tries, dropped a whole second, from 8 shells in 8 seconds to 8 in 7. And this was from Pinwheels, where I had to grab twice for each set of four. I'm now really curious how I'd do with one of those fancy FSLs.

I also noticed I can almost hold all 8 rounds at once in my monster hands. Is Load 8 just around the corner?

I really thought this was a joke, until I tried it :surprise: . It actually worked pretty darn well. I've only owned a shotgun for a week or two, but after a few tries, dropped a whole second, from 8 shells in 8 seconds to 8 in 7. And this was from Pinwheels, where I had to grab twice for each set of four. I'm now really curious how I'd do with one of those fancy FSLs.

I also noticed I can almost hold all 8 rounds at once in my monster hands. Is Load 8 just around the corner?

Yes...

I can grab eight, and load eight using both hands at the same time.

:ph34r:

Only if you mean filling my shell caddies. :roflol:

Any videos of him doing the reloads?

Yes, sorry but I'm not allowed to post them.

Please find a way to get videos of this guy. That sounds very impressive. I'd love to see that.

Well I am already having fun with this. Using just my stopwatch (be faster if I had a shotgun timer or someone timing me so I don't have to hit the watch) I was about 8-9 seconds. Granted thats not that impressive but for just now trying this quad load technique in the last 20 minutes I am pretty happy. I am using actually a Mark Otto load two vest so I do get slowed up having to grab a set of 2 then grab other set of 2 vs just having the ablity to grab all 4 at once. I do tend to sometimes fumble since my habit is to grab just 2 and load them before grabbing another two.

• 1 month later...

This is awesome! Now we can all quite whining about kurt and keith besting us on shotgun loading and start whining about them just beating us on the shooting part.

I already whine about both parts :roflol:

We had SG match last weekend with 8 stages on it.

Our new "Han Solo" guy beat the crap out of everyone on modified division.

The second place guy got only 73% of his match points.

On stage 4 his time was 18,16 and points 120. The second got time 26,46 and 82 points of him (68%)

On one speed shoot, 8 plates down with time 2,78 :) (Option 1 start)