Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Down To 2

Putty

I know there are alot of fans here of both gunmakers. I have narrowed it down and would like to hear your impressions of either gunmaker. I have a hard time buying a gun site unseen, and as this will be my maiden purchase on a Limited gun, I need to be absolutely sure. Benny is the only one who has talked to me and I was impressed...yet he rattled off the components so fast on the phone, I couldnt write fast enough.... oh STI 6" .40.

Great thanks,

(Please dont refer me to a search)

That's a pick 'em.

Well, I love my Brazos BCG Pro Series Limited that showed up at my door, on schedule, as promised and ready to shoot. Literally took it to the range that afternoon with both old 180 PF ammo as well as factory Speer Gold Dot HP's and it gobbled them all.

Fit and finish were awesome and let's face it since it is my only chromed gun...ever...it's pretty F'in' cool!

I highly recommend Bob (to clarify, which isn't to say that I am discounting Benny's work).

Rich

Had to come back and add ditto marks to everyone on both of these guys. Benny and Bob both make fine products. Bob's tend toward more attractive. Benny's tend toward more practical and plain. Benny's prices tend to be a bit lower and his turn around is very quick (about a month for my open gun). I only know Bob's turnaround for parts. It was also very quick.

Wakal kind of nailed it right on the head. Chicken Fry or Chicken Fry. Each place has something you especially like, but you are pretty much guaranteed to be satisfied whichever way you go.

Liota

Hmmm...kind of like debating on having the chicken fry or...the chicken fry...

<_<

Both are very nice folks with great customer service.

IMO, Bob's guns are a bit more nifty looking (on average), but Benny's are less expensive.

Can't go wrong either way.

Alex

PS (Disclosure: I have three Benny guns, and Liota has one)

AW

At the 3-gun Nationals, I saw a lot of guns choke because of the HARSH environment of the range. Everyday in the after noon was the dust bowl of epic proportions. NONE of the Benny Hill built guns choked!! My 6" ran all the time every time, and allowed me to do a nifty head shot at 40 yards on a clam shell target. My word on the matter it GO TRIANGLE!!! KURTM

You can't go wrong with either.

My old Benny 5" limited runs absolutely perfect. (Only ever puked due to bad mags - not Benny's responsibility).

Bob certainly builds an equivalent gun.

I had Benny build a STI lower for me and I am super happy. Fit and function were second to none. Turnaround was as promised which was nice. Pricing was very fair.

I love the look of Bobs guns. They are gorgeous. His reputation speaks for itself as far as reliablility goes.

Tough choice you have there. If it was my $, I'd probably get one from Benny.

I've got a 6-inch .40 from Benny and it's been great. Haven't fed it any custom loads yet, just factory reloads, but it's been running like a champ with standard length ammo (I'm sure Beven's mag tuning helped).

My $0.02: go with Benny. He knows the 6-inch guns and builds 'em fast, cheap, and good.

It might come down to wait.. as in how long do you want to.. IIRC Bob is backed up quite a while at the moment (if not, he'll be by to correct me-- otherwise he's out building guns) I don't know what Benny's backlog is.

You can't go wrong with either. 

My old Benny 5" limited runs absolutely perfect.  (Only ever puked due to bad mags - not Benny's responsibility).

Bob certainly builds an equivalent gun.

Eric W?

Sounds like the guy who just shot in the EBMMM tourney and got a styling Brownelles bag thats too good for us common folk...LOL!!!

Had I know this was you I would have asked to shoot or look at your Benny gun.

A

IIRC Bob is backed up quite a while at the moment (if not, he'll be by to correct me-- otherwise he's out building guns)

I will be delivering the first of the SC Series in a couple of weeks. If one of those meets your needs I will have them in stock no waiting ($2,300 for a limited complete gun with chrome). If you need a full house custom I am delivering on orders placed now in June 2005.

Eric W?

Sounds like the guy who just shot in the EBMMM tourney and got a styling Brownelles bag thats too good for us common folk...LOL!!!

Had I know this was you I would have asked to shoot or look at your Benny gun.

A

Yup, I'm hot shit now. Not to worry, I'll still talk to you while I'm strutting around with my fancy schmancy range bag.

Anytime you want to shoot the gun is fine by me. Mine's a lightweight, so I wouldn't evaluate it on recoil or flip - as most folks do *not* prefer that setup in a Limited gun.

Fortunately, I do. B)

(It was also a lot prettier before I got my mitts on it.)

I shoot Bennys guns, But for the life of me I can't slam Bobs work. really hi class good guns. Biggest thing to me are turn around, price and service. Bennys guns look good enough( people keep buying them right off his belt), his turn around is less than half of Bobs, price is a good bit better but the biggest deal is service. IF Bennys gun breaks(and they are machinery, hard used machinery) it gets fixed the day it hits the shop, hard to beat that. Larry

Thanks Everyone,

I just ordered a 6" fat free in .40 from Benny, and what put me over the top was that the man is one of the nicest people you could every talk to, and takes the time to explain what, why and how he does it. It has been a real positive experience from the start and look forward to not only his gun to get here, but to meet the man himself.

Thanks for all your input, I truly appreciate it.

Anders