Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crimson Trace Midnight 3 Gun Invitational

Alright, I finally got the OK from the boss to let everyone know about this match. The Crimson Trace Midnight 3 Gun Invitational will be held July 15-17, 2012 in Bend Oregon. The Midnight part of the name is accurate. We'll be shooting from about 9PM till 2AM each night in the desert outside of Bend. This is the first and only event of it's type. Staff will shoot on Sunday night after the Northwest Multigun. Competitors will shoot on Monday and Tuesday. Since this is a first of it's kind we're pretty heavily limiting the number of competitors that can shoot the match. We want to make sure we have time to get through all the stages before the sun comes up in the morning. This is an invitational only match. The invitations are in the and should be showing up any day now. We did our best to make sure the top 3 Gun competitors in the country received an invitation to this unique match. If you receive an invitation, please register as soon as possible, or let us know if you're making the mistake of not coming so we can invite someone else.

Here's the plan. Sunday night the staff will run all 8 stages of multi, multi gun fun. Competitors will will be invited to the hosted dinner at the range on Monday night at 6PM, with vendor displays, giveaways, and possibly some very interesting side events. Shooting will start around 9-9:30 PM depending on when it's dark. Competitors will shoot 4-5 stages the first night. Tuesday we're back on the range at 6PM for another hosted dinner and events. Finish the shooting that night. The awards ceremony and generous prize table will take place on Wednesday at noon.

The rules are posted on the website. We are running this match as an Open division only event. You can shoot whatever you want. The stages are set up so there aren't any more than 9 shotgun rounds required, although you can certainly shoot more if you'd like. I left it this way so there wouldn't be that much of a penalty for those shooting Tac Ops gear. But when I say Open, I mean Open. I don't care if you bring 8 pistols, 3 rifles, 4 uppers, 6 shotguns and swap between them each stage. Feel free to change sighting equipment, lasers, lights, holsters, whatever you think gives you an advantage for the stage being shot. We will also have Crimson Trace gear available for the competitors to use during the match, and an area to sight in and practice with it if you'd like.

I'm still confirming the details on some of the stage guns, but I guarantee you will be able to shoot some awesome gear that most of us only get to drool over in movies.

The website is up and live at www.crimsontrace.com/m3gi. There is a link there to register. If you didn't receive an invitation, please don't try to sign up using that link. If you're not on the list, we can't let you in.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the invite in the mail today. This sounds like a whole lot of fun. Nighttime shooting is always blast. But unfortunately, I'll have to be the first to "make the mistake of not coming". I've already booked a family vacation for that week. Thanks anyway and I hope you all have a great time.

I got the invite in the mail today. This sounds like a whole lot of fun. Nighttime shooting is always blast. But unfortunately, I'll have to be the first to "make the mistake of not coming". I've already booked a family vacation for that week. Thanks anyway and I hope you all have a great time.

sssssssshhhhh, I'll pretend to be you. ;)

How much gear will there be around to borrow and how much do we need to bring ourselves?

Would be helpful to get some indications or recommendations on minimum stuff to at least have a fair shot at engaging all targets.

Well, JJ got his invite and it says in small print at the bottom "Printed on stock sourced from 100% virgin old-growth forest, with ink made from baby seal tears!"

I'm shocked! :surprise: I thought all trees were virgins. They don't have sex, do they????

:roflol:

Not in Oregon they aren't. Have you seen our hippies?

How much gear will there be around to borrow and how much do we need to bring ourselves?

Would be helpful to get some indications or recommendations on minimum stuff to at least have a fair shot at engaging all targets.

I would take a look at the Crimson Trace website. If you need it, send Iain an email and I'm pretty sure he will make sure it's available to run for the match. Crimson Trace has put in an incredible amount of work on this match. Believe me I don't know how to make a website or a logo. For lasers, you're pretty much set. I'm running a Lightguard on the pistol, but I have to make my own holster. As far as white lights for the long guns, if you don't want to run a light/laser vertical foregrip you pretty much need to bring your own. It would be very advantageous to run CT gear on all the guns in at least some fashion. The $3000.00 winning check is doubled if the winner used CT gear on all their guns.

Anticipate shots from 2 yards to 200 yards. I probably won't go much past 200 depending on how well I can get the targets to show up. Whatever distance I set the targets at they will be visible with a 65 Lumen SureFire 6P. Might not be real easy to see but they will be visible. I'm still waiting to hook up with Travis from MGM to get a flash target to play around with.

I'm going to arrive lit up like a Christmas tree. Picture Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd in "Spies Like Us".

Kalani

One of my all time favorite movies!

"What's a dickfer?"

This is sounding like more and more fun! I'll go just to see Kalani as the Spies Like Us tribute! :lol:

Just out of curiosity, what was the basis for who received an invitation? Participating in the the NW multigun just prior and then some other additional criteria?

Edited by MarcO

Just out of curiosity, what was the basis for who received an invitation? Participating in the the NW multigun just prior and then some other additional criteria?

I don't mean to make a big deal out of this but there seems a little 'secret squirrel' aspect to this, so I'm just curious.

post-8887-0-94334100-1331528309_thumb.jp Don't tell anybody but everyone in the US was invited but you!

I don't mean to make a big deal out of this but there seems a little 'secret squirrel' aspect to this, so I'm just curious.

post-8887-0-94334100-1331528309_thumb.jp Don't tell anybody but everyone in the US was invited but you!

I actually got two invites!

Looking at plane tickets today, gotta figure out how to make this work, I'll bring enough light to scorch the earth :eatdrink:

You can fly in to PDX and then make the drive. (That would be my way of getting there, but I'm cheap.) There are also some regional airports in the Bend area you could hop a puddle jumper from PDX to.

As for the entry requirements, I know the way I came up with my list. I sent it to Iain and he added a few names. I need to get into the office and compare them to see who he took off of my list. I'd love to say it was a list of everyone we thought was a top 3 gunner, but heck, apparently the Mayor got two invitations. Once we get everyone confirmed as either coming or not, we can start inviting more people. This is just a really small match, number of entries wise. I'd love to be able to accomadate as many as Jeff did for the Pro-Am 3G last year but being in the dark that's not going to work.