Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worlds fastest shotgun loading

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Schmitt. My name is indeed Barry Golden. I work for a large corporation named Santos which is Australian owned. We do very large resource management. A friend of mine in the U.S. knew Jesse before he started shooting, back when he was a drilling bit salesman. He thought it would be fun to take a bit of a piss with Jesse, and in the guise of fun, I agreed. Now I must be quite honest I am no type of shooter at all, I do a bit of hunting but that is it.

What I do know to do is do a little homework so I actually surfed the web in quest of Jesse, and he isn't hard to find, much to my surprise. what I also found was a whole group of very skilled individuals, who take light in messing with their mates so the game was afoot. Jesse is especially easy in the fact he is very verbose in his accomplishments, and with no small reason.

What I have found in all of this is that I quite enjoy all these forums and If you all will have me, I will stick around for a while. Barry

My shotgun skillz r no joke!!! Cause I learned them from that "Old Cowboy Looking Fellow" Kurt Miller. :cheers:

In fact now that I think about it I need to get signed up for the shotgun class he is teaching in May. I could use a refresher right before High Plains and Rockastle Shotgun matches.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

So mike yer the boyfriend of that cowboy lookin' feller!!!!

ain't that what all the little gurls wuz giglin' about?????

As for Jesse, being verbose, i think its from his school boy days when he was always in trouble and had to submit 500 and 1000 word essays to the teachers!!!!!

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Got my otto vest today and practiced it for about 10 min and can do 8 rds in about 8 sec but I AM TRYING HARD.

I am not wuite sure why more people aren't running these systems. They are easy to hit 8 round in 8 seconds right out of the box. I am going to try to get proficcient with my Otto belt in the next couple of months before High Plains and Rockcastle shotgun matches.

I hit a 4.47 shot to shot with my Carbon Arms vest the other day, live fire. That's starting on the shoulder, for a shoot one---load 8----shoot one. Five seconds flat is getting pretty routine with the thing, with about maybe 8-10 short practice sessions. With the 4x4 caddies I could occasionally (okay rarely) hit a 6 second run, but it would just as likely be an 8 second run or a dropped shell or two. The load two system has been a game changer for me. I'm going to continue to work with the caddies until I can at least get halfway consistent with the dang things!

I hit a 4.47 shot to shot with my Carbon Arms vest the other day, live fire. That's starting on the shoulder, for a shoot one---load 8----shoot one. Five seconds flat is getting pretty routine with the thing, with about maybe 8-10 short practice sessions. With the 4x4 caddies I could occasionally (okay rarely) hit a 6 second run, but it would just as likely be an 8 second run or a dropped shell or two. The load two system has been a game changer for me. I'm going to continue to work with the caddies until I can at least get halfway consistent with the dang things!

Damn! :cheers:

Its weird because it feels slow using the two round load with all of that movement of the gun but the timer don't lie!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Damn! :cheers:

Its weird because it feels slow using the two round load with all of that movement of the gun but the timer don't lie!

Jesse you're exactly right! It seems slow as hell as there's so much going on. Here's a couple short clips from a few days ago, I didn't get the timer but using a stopwatch on the video the first run is around 4.5-4.6, and the second is 4.2-4.3 sec. But on the second one you can see I had one shell that just flipped around on the clip so I actually only got 7 in the gun.

I desperately need to learn the caddies better as there is an all shotgun state at the Colorado State Multigun with a 41 round minimum :surprise:

I need to see this for my self or James can call me since I'm in Denver this week

Got my otto vest today and practiced it for about 10 min and can do 8 rds in about 8 sec but I AM TRYING HARD.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Patrick Kelley is the fastest...He won the 31 round all shotgun stage at SMM3G in Tac-Scope ahead of everyone except a handful of Open Division competitors. Congrats Patrick!