Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington & Spartan Tactical announce the 2012 Fallen Brethren 3 G

This was my first major 3 gun match, and all I can say is WOW!! Great stages, everything ran very smoothly considering how many competitors were there, the range is absolutely awesome and tho I didn't stick around for it I heard the prize table was over the top. I really enjoyed shooting with Squad 6, thank you all for the help and encouragement - I learned a lot, and I really wanna go shopping now for new gear! I have scope envy in a bad way, thanks to Sharon! :bow: Thank you to all the match staff and sponsors for putting on a fantastic event, it will definitely be on my list for next year and maybe I won't be so close to the bottom next time...

Rhonda

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first major 3 gun match, and all I can say is WOW!! Great stages, everything ran very smoothly considering how many competitors were there, the range is absolutely awesome and tho I didn't stick around for it I heard the prize table was over the top. I really enjoyed shooting with Squad 6, thank you all for the help and encouragement - I learned a lot, and I really wanna go shopping now for new gear! I have scope envy in a bad way, thanks to Sharon! :bow: Thank you to all the match staff and sponsors for putting on a fantastic event, it will definitely be on my list for next year and maybe I won't be so close to the bottom next time...

Rhonda

Oh you won't! You got better during the match! You'll be the "you know what" very soon! :devil:

It was a pleasure getting to know you!

Denise

Rhonda

Oh you won't! You got better during the match! You'll be the "you know what" very soon! :devil:

It was a pleasure getting to know you!

Denise

LOL Denise, you guys were a hoot to shoot with! I would love to be the "you know what" but I gots lots of work to do - I may have to come shoot your match next year tho, sounds like a great one!

Enjoyed meeting and hanging out with y'all too, can't wait till next time!

Please check if someone out there has a North Face Fleece Black full zippered jacket. Some one mistakenly took my black jacket instead of their own:(. It has a small hole in the middle of the back of it from a hot ember. I wore this in Iraq and just liked it. Of course it can be replaced but? I am now at Rock Castle Shooting Center setting up for the Blue Ridge Mt. 3 gun next week.

Thank you in advance,

Busyhawk

Awesome match!! Huge thanks to Jim and Spartan Tactical for hosting. As always, Sandra rocked in stats. My fellow RO's on Stage 10 were outstanding. The prize table was incredible. Many many thanks to the Sponsors and all who made this happen. Looking forward to next year! :cheers:

Thank you to Spartan Tactical for the use of their amazing range and to Remington and all the other sponsors for making this match both possible and such a great time! Also, a huge thank you to all the behind the scenes people; without all that great support the match would not have worked. Thank You All!

I am already looking forward to shooting this one again! The stages were really well done with some really cool props, bouncy bridge and Huey, the ROs were great and the whole thing ran really smoothly!

If you didn't get to shoot this match this year put it on your schedule for next year. It is well worth the trip! Great Place, Great People, Great Prize Table!

Finally, thanks for all the fun Squad 2! What a fun group of people to shoot with!

See you guys out there next year!

James

Edited by Casman

This was my favorite match of the year. The RO's were professional and always in a good mood, despite the long hours and cold weather. The prize table was the best I have seen in a long time. Remington and everyone else really went all in on this one. At 31st place I still had about 10 guns to choose from. I am not a fan of stage guns but they all ran great and were fun to shoot (full auto rocks!!!). The stages were fast and fun. Couldnt ask for anything more!!! Dates for next year please!!!!

Great match. Jim, Sandra and crew did a fantastic job building and managing the event. The stages ran smoothly and on time. Thanks to Remington and all the generous sponsors.

I like Jim's matches as they are "rifle heavy." If I remember correctly, Stages 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 all had rifle shots past 100 yards which gives you some idea as to the nature of the facility. It was a very accuracy oriented match with lots of aiming!

And congrats to James Casanova for his total domination in Tac Iron (I mean Tac Prismatic class). His win sealed up his Divisional Title for the 3 Gun Nation Divisional series. James' rifle shooting was simply off the hook posting times that would have won most or even all of the other divisions. It was great to watch (although tough to compete against!)

1 critique though. The Larues on Stage 7 needed to be maintained. They were simply not going down reliably for myself and many other members of my squad. And this the one match where I shot 55s instead of 75s!

The initial photos are uploaded into the FB3Gun folder. http://spartantactical.info/gallery/Remington-FB3Gun-2012

Here's a switch. We want to see the match from YOUR eyes and lenses. If you've got photos to share, send them our way. Contact us with a message here on Enos for details on how. You'll get full credit on the photo in the gallery.

Now for the motivation - Send us 20 good quality photos and you'll get a Spartan Tactical velcro patch. Send 25 good photos of the Prize Table and/or shooters with their prize and you'll get a Spartan Tactical Hat, coveted by students around the world.

Offer is limited to the first 200 photos we receive.

We're already looking to 2013 and want our awesome sponsors to know just how much fun the match brings to you, the competitor.

-6-

The initial photos are uploaded into the FB3Gun folder. http://spartantactical.info/gallery/Remington-FB3Gun-2012

Here's a switch. We want to see the match from YOUR eyes and lenses. If you've got photos to share, send them our way. Contact us with a message here on Enos for details on how. You'll get full credit on the photo in the gallery.

Now for the motivation - Send us 20 good quality photos and you'll get a Spartan Tactical velcro patch. Send 25 good photos of the Prize Table and/or shooters with their prize and you'll get a Spartan Tactical Hat, coveted by students around the world.

Offer is limited to the first 200 photos we receive.

We're already looking to 2013 and want our awesome sponsors to know just how much fun the match brings to you, the competitor.

-6-

Some nice shots there. Thanks again to Jim for all the hard work and leadership in putting this all together and then empowering your team to make it run.

One big atta-boy in a match that was completely full of win - the long-gun racks at each stage were the best I've seen at any 3-gun match. Most matches use the smaller racks which are quickly overcrowded with guns bumping into each other, but your new racks were big enough for two squads to use it at once. Great idea, Spartan!

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

lets see if this works on Photos

Try again = that link was close but not rite

OK 5th edit to add photos

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab280/AlamoShooter/fb3gun%202012/

This was my favorite photo = it shows the Mind set for the entire match

FB3Gun2012054.jpg

Dang!!! Jeff's hand is twice as big as Sharon's

Great pic Jaime!

Thank you to all. Organizers, staff, sponsors and shooters. The opening ceremony was over the top.

It was a great mix of shooting the 3 guns. Some times it was easy, some times it was doable and sometimes it was hard.

Speaking of sponsors, Barnes Precision Machine saved my butt. On stage 8 the extractor tip of my rifle broke clean off with 14 targets to go. Broken .308.

We were the last squad and it was late in the day, but I packed up and humped it off the plateau down to the valley hoping to find a gunsmith or a vendor or anybody with some 308 parts.

Most everybody was closed up and gone! Except 3 guys in their truck getting ready to pull out. I started yelling and waving to get their attention. "Are you guys with that trailer over there? I need help." "Yep, we are." was the answer.

To make a long story short, Andy and company took an extractor out of their display .308 and installed it into mine to get me running for the next days shooting. I offered to pay and they refused. That is a class act.

3-gun sponsors are the best. Next time you go shopping remember your sponsors of 3-gun, and I especially will remember Barnes Precision Machine.

Looking forward to next year.

A Game shooters outlook on the Fallen Brethren event.

The Crew at Spartan Tactical has completed a -Hat Trick- with this event by blending Tactical shooters and the Game of 3gun.

They provided a Welcome atmosphere to the "Gamers" No one ever looking down on us.

Even though I bet many of the "Tactical" guys look at us the same way we would look at someone showing up with an Air-Soft to shoot 3gun.

Thanks again for the joy of anticipation to see what next year will bring.

Jamie

Already anxious to register and looking forward to next year's match. Fun stages, great facility with lots of space, and it is fun to shoot in a "natural" environment.

Here are my stages:

Edited by AustinWolv

What a great week/weekend in TX. Thank you Spartan Tactical for all the hard work you did to make this match happen. You guys ROCK! Sponsors really stepped up and we had an awesome prize table. Thank you Remington, DSG and Leupold. Numerous sponsors continue to be generous beyond belief and support us in the sport we love so well. :wub:

Vendors were on site showing their wears and providing services...Freedom Munitions filled empty magazines with their ammo for shooters to try, Barnes Precision was on site for gunsmithing needs and of course the Big Black Rig, DSG Arms!

Special Thanks for Mr. Mark Otto for being my "Bag Stuffer" again! Lee King, TK Martdindill and Tim McKinney for helping place labels on the score sheets with/for me! Julie and Allison in stats assisting with verifications! Bob and Barth Getto and Darrell Morrow for making all the staff look great in Vertx clothes! :bow:

I look forward to seeing everyone next year! Stay tuned for the 2013 Registration Date to be announced-as for me, I need a week of sleep!

See you on the range soon-

Sandra

2012 FB3G Stats