Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Purchase Program

atbarr

I've never owned a Glock, so I'm going to utilize my coupon. I'm interested in Gen3 17. On the Glock web site, it shows 'Suggested Pricing' is $425.00. Can I expect to get that price? Or does it vary?

Thanks

I've never owned a Glock, so I'm going to utilize my coupon. I'm interested in Gen3 17. On the Glock web site, it shows 'Suggested Pricing' is $425.00. Can I expect to get that price? Or does it vary?

Thanks

The most common price is $499. You would really have to hunt for $425 pricing.

From http://gssfonline.com/hot-topics.cfm

GSSF Pistol Purchase Program Revised!

"The GSSF Pistol Purchase Program is another benefit of your GSSF membership. If you are a current, or renewing GSSF member with more than 12 consecutive months of membership, you are eligible to purchase a GLOCK pistol at discounted pricing once per calendar year. For program information and suggested pricing, please see the link below. For locations, please contact GLOCK Customer Service at 770-432-1202 or GSSF at 770-437-4718. This new policy goes into effect on May 01, 2011."

It's usually a $100+ off the suggested retail price. I got my Gen4 G35 for $480 before taxes.

Side question: you don't want a Gen4?

Thanks for the information. The one person that has really helped since I started shooting, is Mike Foley with Shooters Connection. I asked him, Gen3 or Gen4, and he said go with Gen3. He said the Gen3 17, was the best DA pistol made. I'm not sure about being the best, I sure enjoy shooting my M&P Pro in 9mm and .40.

Thanks again!:cheers:

Edited by atbarr

I personally prefer the Gen4 G35 to the Gen 3 version.

Not surprised by that. The .40 Gen 4 really makes a difference. The 9mm not as much. The Gen 4 also has some issues with lighter loads. Makes the 9mm more of an iffy proposition unless you're shooting higher PF ammo. Of course I say that wearing a Gen 4 19 on my hip.

Oops, almost forgot, Foley is right. The Gen 3 17 is the best gun ever made. Take that 1911 fanboys!

Edited by Chuck Anderson

I personally prefer the Gen4 G35 to the Gen 3 version.

Not surprised by that. The .40 Gen 4 really makes a difference. The 9mm not as much. The Gen 4 also has some issues with lighter loads. Makes the 9mm more of an iffy proposition unless you're shooting higher PF ammo. Of course I say that wearing a Gen 4 19 on my hip.

Oops, almost forgot, Foley is right. The Gen 3 17 is the best gun ever made. Take that 1911 fanboys!

Glock did a recal on their 4gen "recoil master" on the 9mm to address this issue.

Thanks

Yes, that is the price you pay with that GSSF card plus tax and any other associated fees. I paid 436.77 for mine.

I ve personally stuck with third gens because I had a few before they came out with the fourth gen. Wanted to keep everything consistent. Also no teething problems.

Just bought a factory refurbished third gen 34

Edited by Blue Jacket

MAN OH MAN! When I get mine in April its up in the air as to a new 24 or a 34. I could put my Limited 35 lower end on the 24 and then have the 35 for production! Or do I get the 34 and just shoot it stock with sights in production.

MAN OH MAN! When I get mine in April its up in the air as to a new 24 or a 34. I could put my Limited 35 lower end on the 24 and then have the 35 for production! Or do I get the 34 and just shoot it stock with sights in production.

The G24 (and the G17L) are not available through either the GSSF or LEO program, so that won't be an option for you.

My discount coupon will be purchasing a G21 for CDP in IDPA and Heavy Metal in GSSF. I like my G30, but I want to try a longer sight radius for competition.

I'd prefer Gen3 I think, but I will fondle a few G4's at my LGS before I decide. Currently the only G4 gun I have is my carry G26.

Thanks

Buds Gunwarehouse on the LEO side, if your a Veteran you get the same discount...I got my Glock 34 for $530 ( that's tax incl )and you also get a discount off the range price. BTW...what did you decide on?? I will be adding the Glock 24 soon, so I can compete with the big boys