Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are CDP guys better shooters?

ProGunGuy

No, I'm not shooting CDP this year....

so will you be changing your user/screen name to SSPMatt??

:roflol: SSP??stock sissy pistol?? :roflol:

sorry..i just had to.. :roflol:

Oh man that is just wrong Greg.

I have given up the revolvers for 1911's this year, presently shooting my old kimber in CDP joined tomorrow by a STI spartan in 9mm for ESP

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing I have noticed locally at the IDPA matches is that the CDP shooters consistantly rank at the top in score. Usually it 1/2/3. they beat out the ssp/esp guys easily.

So are they better shooters or is it the equipment?

They are better shooters. If these shooters started with SSP guns, by today they would be finishing 1/2/3 with their SSP guns.

No, I'm not shooting CDP this year....

so will you be changing your user/screen name to SSPMatt??

:roflol: SSP??stock sissy pistol?? :roflol:

sorry..i just had to.. :roflol:

Oh man that is just wrong Greg.

I have given up the revolvers for 1911's this year, presently shooting my old kimber in CDP joined tomorrow by a STI spartan in 9mm for ESP

Ritchie..not really wrong,you should know that.....awe heck he can handle it just fine..i wouldnt treat him any different then 1 of my kids. :roflol:

Gerg, I tried to change it to SSRMatt but couldn't figure out how.... 108PF, now that's almost sissy enough for my old friend from MS :)

:cheers: hahaha..

Gerg, I tried to change it to SSRMatt but couldn't figure out how.... 108PF, now that's almost sissy enough for my old friend from MS :)

PM Flex..

Let the sleeping Bear sleep..Hell we don't need him in here poking around we'll just MANUP and handle these boys on here :roflol::roflol::roflol:

OK..i'll stop...

Edited by GmanCdp

for those who doubt some of the replies,believe it or not and for continueing education on the topic of "Are CDP guys better shooters" may i suggest you visting this topic and reading the 154 posts and notice it has 118796 views..it's a tough crowd over there and it is getting harder and harder to get a membership.. :ph34r:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59601

Edited by GmanCdp

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of IDPA guys enter the game in SSP or ESP. They learn the ropes and build the skill. There is something about CDP that "calls to you" if you will and I find that many of the high skill CDP guys are long time IDPA shooters that had a season or two experience before they began shooting CDP. In my case I started in SSP/ESP with a Glock because or club let you shoot once for score in the morning then again after lunch for fun (no score used in standings) so SSP/ESP was my game because I literally shot the same gun twice with the same gear and got a chance to really learn from mistakes I made the first try. I started in CDP my third year and found I was finishing very high right off the bat. Even won my class CDP/EX at states my first year :goof:

I agree with DWFAN that those guys would probably rock in any division as long as it doesn't involve that spinny round thingy that you can't tap rack. Though that raises another point. Watch a really good revolver guy then see him put on an auto and just raise hell! My vote is experience.

Although I soley shoot CDP, I would not say CDP shooters are any better. I would say that it takes more skill to become proficient with a 1911 versus say a Glock.

Responding to the post two above this one. You will not see (Although I think Matt Burkett did it) CDP shooters finish high overall at big matches becasue of the mag capacity and the recoil of the 45 ACP. In a match like the Nationals, A CDP shooter may have anywhere from 3-5 more reloads. 9mm and 40 cal loads are much softer and easier to shoot fast and accurate.

My two cents

Just like in USPSA, which divisions have the best shooters varies by area. Here in MA, there are barely any CDP shooters. SSP is by far the most popular, followed by ESP. Most of the ESP shooters seem to be shooting plastic with mods that aren't legal in SSP, rather than 1911/2011 type guns. ESP tends to be a shark tank, because it's stacked with SSP/MA shooters who are shooting EX in ESP. In USPSA, Open, Limited, and Production are the big 3 competition wise. L10/SS/Revo usually have a handful of shooters.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to keep my girl in the camper when i go and shoot 3 gun HM..She use to throw me reloads till she tripped and all the RO's jumped on her,trying to grab a can..She was not allowed at the last 2 IDPA matches,little to cold out and the cans got to frosty... :eatdrink:

:cheers:

one thing I have noticed locally at the IDPA matches is that the CDP shooters consistantly rank at the top in score. Usually it 1/2/3. they beat out the ssp/esp guys easily.

Well...

In addition to being better looking, taller, having women swoon over us, people begging to give us money, we skinny gun guys are the stuff to be. It doesn't hurt to have "THE" gun.

Flame suit on...

+1.. I don't know that us CDP shooters are better shooters.. But we are definitely way more sexy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

In addition to being better looking, taller, having women swoon over us, people begging to give us money, we skinny gun guys are the stuff to be. It doesn't hurt to have "THE" gun.

Flame suit on...

+1.. I don't know that us CDP shooters are better shooters.. But we are definitely way more sexy.

Amen brother!