Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry Miculek 930 shotgun

ajg308

Does anyone know if/when the barrels will be available for purchase? I already have a 930 and would like to have that barrel instead of the 18.5" barrel that I already have.

Thanks

Yes you can buy the barrels now from mossberg.

It may take a little while though.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer, I was going to check this shotgun out but they said it wouldn't be released till june 1, so I got an FN SLP. Could have gotten two of these for that price lol.

Boy howdy, I feel your pain!! I did the same thing. Now three of my friends have purchased the JM Pro in the last week. That price is what they needed to push them into 3-Gun. I'm totally happy for the FN for sure. It's super nice and runs great. But I might get a JM Pro as a backup shotgun. I have backups of all my other guns, why not the shotgun?

I have a SLP also, but it's not running right since I had it apart to mod the loading chute and installed a new lifter. I'm sure I probably screwed something, but I can't find it. It's going to go to C-Rums and have Jeff look at it. In the mean time, I have the 930 as a backup. When the SLP comes back, I'll decide whch one to keep and which to sell. Bud's shipped my JM Pro today, I'll have it by the weekend.

Edited by Marv Z

Mine loads 8 without much effort (although I don't really have anything to compare it to, so it may be tighter compared to other shotguns), and it looks like it only needs another 3/4" - 1" to load the 9th round in there. With that said, I looked on the Nordic's website, and see that they offer 3 different end cap sizes - "standard", 0.75" and 1.5". The end cap that came with the 930 JM measures at 0.90", so I'm not sure if it's the "standard" one, or some "custom" size made specifically for this model. I'm tempted to buy their 1.5" end cap and see if it allows me to load 9th round with it. Has anyone tried it yet?

I haven't tried it yet, but I have the 1.5" end cap on the way just to see if it will give me an extra round.

Please let us know how it turns out.

I ordered the 1.5" end cap extension, Nordic part number CAP-XXL-12-00, it WILL give you an extra round in the tube. Huzzah!

JM_930_002.JPG

Mine loads 8 without much effort (although I don't really have anything to compare it to, so it may be tighter compared to other shotguns), and it looks like it only needs another 3/4" - 1" to load the 9th round in there. With that said, I looked on the Nordic's website, and see that they offer 3 different end cap sizes - "standard", 0.75" and 1.5". The end cap that came with the 930 JM measures at 0.90", so I'm not sure if it's the "standard" one, or some "custom" size made specifically for this model. I'm tempted to buy their 1.5" end cap and see if it allows me to load 9th round with it. Has anyone tried it yet?

I haven't tried it yet, but I have the 1.5" end cap on the way just to see if it will give me an extra round.

I ordered the 1.5" end cap extension, Nordic part number CAP-XXL-12-00, it WILL give you an extra round in the tube. Huzzah!

JM_930_002.JPG

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I just hope the additional spring pressure on the first round (or less pressure on the subsequent rounds) doesn't cause any feeding problems.

JM_930_002.JPG

Nice this is what I will be ordering for mine as well.

Great observation. Was the last shell tight, or a little room to spare?

JM_930_002.JPG

So, if the JM comes with the 0.90" and holds 9+1. Would installing the 0.75" be enough to limit the gun to a 8+1 if the club required the lower round count?

So, if the JM comes with the 0.90" and holds 9+1. Would installing the 0.75" be enough to limit the gun to a 8+1 if the club required the lower round count?

The 22" model comes set up as 8+1 from the factory, so you don't need to do anything if you can't have more than 8+1. But if you want to turn it into 9+1, all you have to do is replace the end cap with XXL. By looking at the picture posted above, it looks like the end cap that comes with the JM Pro is the shortest Nordic has, and is what they call "standard". Their extended end caps come in XL (.75") and XXL (1.5"), but it's not their overall length, but rather how much the "standard" end cap is extended by, i.e. the XL end cap is "standard" (.90") + .75", and the XXL end cap is .90" + 1.5".

Choke is a Briley, modified to be more precise. I bought a couple of the extended Briley chokes to give me options, as well as, being able to change out the chokes tubes without a tool.

As far as any issues in regards to the spring pressure when adding the Nordic XXL extension, I felt no difference when loading.

As to issues regarding loading the 9rd, none.

My conclusion, is that adding a $20 extension, does nothing more than give you one more addtional round to shoot. The loading and fuctioning of the gun didn't change, not one bit.

(Nordic, I will gladly accept any and all kick backs that come from the increased sales of the 1.5" extensions.) lol

(eta: Here is the link the Briley extended choke tubes, just pick which chokes you desire. http://www.briley.com/mossbergextendedblackoxidex2choke.aspx )

Edited by bigcraig

I have the XL end cap coming (the one that is +.75), hopefully it will be enough to load the extra round. I went with the shorter one since I am trying not to extend the gun length any more than necessary. I will post when it comes in and I can report on if you need to go with the XXL or the XL will work.

Picked up my JM Pro last night looking forward to trying it out this afternoon. So far my experience getting it was interesting.

When you order it make sure your FFL knows what length you want don’t just tell em you want A 85118 or 85119. My FFL uses three different suppliers and the supplier’s websites’ had the part numbers mixed up. My recommendation is to insist that your FFL call their supplier and confirm the length.

Disassembled and cleaned it this morning, holy crap it was dirty and everything was loose. It looked like it was over lubed, left to sit in a dusty area then tested with dirty ammo. The magazine tube clamp screws and the mag tube were less than finger tight. Has anyone else found theirs to be loose or dirtier than you would expect from a new in box gun?

1. Price was out the door at $603.00, including taxes and all fees.

2. Loads 8 rounds with no problems.

3. Magazine tube spring feels nice and soft as compared to a standard 930.

4. I tried unscrewing the mag tube cap pat way, to see if I could get that 9th round in and I could but it took loosening it up by 12 threads and that left only 5 to hold it on. The additional pressure on the first round made it not want to pop out that first round. I had to rack the charging handle hard to get it to chamber.

5. The lifter hasn’t snagged my thumb at all…yet.

I have the XL end cap coming (the one that is +.75), hopefully it will be enough to load the extra round. I went with the shorter one since I am trying not to extend the gun length any more than necessary. I will post when it comes in and I can report on if you need to go with the XXL or the XL will work.

I tried out the NC XL end cap today(pirated it from my Benelli) on my newly-purchased 930 JM , and it's still about 0.5" short of accepting that 9th round. So, the XXL should be just about right, as noted previously.

Edited by Davemon

I tried out the NC XL end cap today(pirated it from my Benelli) on my newly-purchased 930 JM , and it's still about 0.5" short of accepting that 9th round. So, the XXL should be just about right, as noted previously.

Would shortening the spring a fuzz be an option?

I'm hearing allot about this gun,wondering about it's reliability and durability.Is this gun something I can count on and take to some of the more demanding matches? I know Gerry does but I'm not sure this gun has exactly the same internals and I don't have a staff from the manufacturer to maintain my guns.Has anyone rung up a large enough round count under demanding conditions to feel comfortable hopping on a plane and taking this gun half way across country to a major match. Just wondering, I know it's great for the money but is it a great gun, it's worthless if it doesn't hold up when your in the middle of a stage. I guess I'm wondering how Mossberg can sell it for that price and not cut somewhere. I hope it's as good as its hype I would like to pick one up.

It's likely they can sell it for this price because they have a different business model of selling a lot more guns at a lower price. Keep in mind that the more expensive brands likely have a markup for name value and due to high demand for a good product. I don't expect the JM to stay this cheap unless they are really expecting to saturate the 3gun and tactical market with it.

Probably, but I'm a little leery of trimming it just yet until I get some of the feeding issues straightened out.

Probably, but I'm a little leery of trimming it just yet until I get some of the feeding issues straightened out.

Thanks. Keep us posted if you make any changes.

Thanks. Keep us posted if you make any changes.

I will. I guess I shouldn't be too concerned about the spring. They're pretty cheap to replace.

Got a JM Pro 930 9+1 yesterday I already have 2 that I have been using for a year.

Everything looks great except no rear sight.

How are yours working for Slugs I tried 3 shots @ 50 Yards and I was almost off the paper on a 2' x 2' target.

This JM pro is for my Son and he is going to have a hard time with slugs unless we come up with something soon.

PLease share your ideas for a suitable sight set up for the 930.

I shoot a SLP and its a tack driver with Slugs .

Thanks

Dan

I am thinking the same thing about the sights. I compared the front sight on a JM to thier 24" turkey barrel and the fronts look to be the same height. Someone on another thread said they are Allen brand magnetic sights. I am going to try to get just one of the rears and try, or maybe a hi viz. If it doesn't work I will just replace the front as well.